Where do you buy oil in Bergen Co, NJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Everyone,

Recently moved to the Ramsey, NJ area. Can't find an auto parts store to save my life. There's gotta be diy'ers living here.

So fellow Bergen Cty, NJ members....where do you buy you oil and filters?

The closest I can find is an Autozone in Nanuet, NY

Thanks

George

Well closest Wally is in NY about 5 miles...not bad.

Others (Autozone, Pep, etc) also within 20 miles.

I guess I've been so accustomed to driving less than 10 minutes for all my car needs when I lived in brooklyn.

Welcome to the burbs
dunno.gif

Thanks for the info

George

quote:

Originally posted by k1xv:
Aren't there any auto supply stores on Route 17 south of you, toward Paramus?

Hey k1xv,

There is everything under the sun on Rt 17, except an auto parts store. There is 1 up in Ramsey but they deal in aftermarket parts and not consumables like oil, filters, etc.

There is an STS Tire & Auto further up 17 from me. I thought they were just a tire shop, but I'll check them out

George

quote:

Originally posted by George Farra:
Evening Everyone,

Recently moved to the Ramsey, NJ area. Can't find an auto parts store to save my life. There's gotta be diy'ers living here.

So fellow Bergen Cty, NJ members....where do you buy you oil and filters?

The closest I can find is an Autozone in Nanuet, NY

Thanks

George

You can buy Amsoil off the shelf at Coast Automotive in Hackensack.
Target,AutoZone,PepBoys,Sears sells all other kinds of oil.

Wow, rather strange. I wonder if the local gov't planning board has made auto parts stores illegal ???? I used yp.yahoo.com to search for auto parts near Ramsey, NJ and the nearest one was an Advance Auto Parts 20 miles away in East Orange. Having grown up in Northern New Jersey I know how dense the area is with people and retail, so it is really strange that you have such poor access to auto parts stores. At our current home I am under 10 miles from four auto parts stores ... and I live on acreage in the country.

There are certainly political types who hate DIY motorists and would like to force everyone into using "professional" shops. If only such shops were largely both professional and moderately priced.

Playing a little more with Yahoo's Yellow Pages, it looks like the nearest place to you which would sell motor oil might be Kmart, 859 State Rt 17, Paramus, NJ 07652, (201) 444-8550. Of course that assumes that the Paramus Kmart is still in business. Most of them out here have closed. Kmart would hardly be my first choice place to buy oil, but it would do in a pinch!

John

the autozone on rte 3 west in clifton almost always has GC. The autozone on ridge rd in lyndhurst/north arlington is nice and I like shopping at that store.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back