Where do they still have the Old pennzoil ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean, SL/GF-3, SM/GF-4...as compered to the current SN/GF-5??? Or do you mean, OLD compared to the "BRAND NEW"...Pennzoil Platinum Premium PLUS???

My garage has 12 jugs left. And my napa still has it. I don't think it's going to fly off the shelves any time soon at 72 bucks a jug

My local Walmart NEVER had it. So I never bought it. Last night I strolled through the oil isle to see if they had the new stuff (Ultra Platinum) yet....and there was a few dozen 5 quart jugs of the old GTL Ultra. I bought six jugs of 5w20 and 6 5w30....for about $330. This will be my first use of this oil. Plan on doing 50/50 mixes of the two grades and use it in the Honda for the next few years.

BTW, my Walmart didn't have PUP, just the new quart bottles of Platinum (grey bottles).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Phishin
My local Walmart NEVER had it. So I never bought it. Last night I strolled through the oil isle to see if they had the new stuff (Ultra Platinum) yet....and there was a few dozen 5 quart jugs of the old GTL Ultra. I bought six jugs of 5w20 and 6 5w30....for about $330. This will be my first use of this oil. Plan on doing 50/50 mixes of the two grades and use it in the Honda for the next few years.

BTW, my Walmart didn't have PUP, just the new quart bottles of Platinum (grey bottles).

Wow, when you go in, you go ALL in!
grin.gif

I ordered and received 2 jugs of Ultra 5W-20 from walmart.com. It says Jan 2014 on the jug. I will probably keep them, but will not order more.

I just scored 4 jugs of the 5w20 at our local Walmart. I took what was on the shelf and will check back in a few days to see if they put out more. According to the website, they still have stock. These jugs are also date 2014.

I bought six jugs of 5w20 and 6 5w30....for about $330.

eek.gif
shocked2.gif

That's an insane amount of money to spend on oil in one shot like that. Did you feel regret walking back to your car?

Planning on using the FRN discount? For your sake I sure hope so!

And . . . how about AutoZone? Some of the ones by me have started re-stocking it (granted, at $9.59 a quart and >$30 a jug) and in Florida too.

It's what my wife's 07 Accord has used since new. I think it's time for a new elixir fellas! Will probably try the new stuff, not sure just yet. Like others have said Walmart.com had 5W20 last time I looked (couple weeks ago)- free shipping site to store. Happy hunting !

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
I bought six jugs of 5w20 and 6 5w30....for about $330.

eek.gif
shocked2.gif

That's an insane amount of money to spend on oil in one shot like that. Did you feel regret walking back to your car?

I did the same thing with the Autozone clearance $3 a quart of Ultra, Edge EP and German Castrol. It wasn't in one day but over the week. I will be posting my new stash soon but it was around 80 qt bottles.

The only time I felt bad was when some guy was in the aisle at the same time as me and I told him about it being $3. Showed him the old price of $8-9 and that the $3 was clearance...he still grab a jug of regular priced something else for his truck and not the Autozone clearance oil. You can bring a horse to water but not make him drink.

Ultra supplies have really dried up in the past six weeks.
Out of three Walmarts in this area that had Ultra in stock last month, only one had any, with only a few quarts each of 10W-30 and 5W20.
The quarts were proudly priced at $7.00 on red-tag "clearance".
I even scanned one just to be sure.
One store also still had G-Oil on clearance at a ridiculous $21.00/jug.
Walmart shows only Ultra 5W-20 available for online order.
Pep Boys shows no availability around here.
Amazon shows some availability, but only in quarts and at prices only a fool would pay.
Amazon isn't known for always having accurate availabilty information either.
The old Ultra must have been very thinly inventoried given how quickly it's gone away.
This oil has a cult following similar to that of green GC or RP with Synerlec.
If only SOPUS had done a better job marketing it.
Of course, none of these oils acquired cult followings until they were going away.
The lucky few found them cheaply on clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back