Where do people get this stuff???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was searching to see if they're was a newer oil spec than Ford WSS-M2C945-A for 2014 mustangs (btw, there isn't) and came across mustangevolution.com. All these guys with 2010-2013 V6 Mustangs were warning their new guys to NEVER put "regular" oil in their cars because it would increase wear and could damage the engine...almost made an account so I could tell them that any "regular" oil that is API GF5 would meet the spec for their precious little pony...they may have just s**t a brick. But it was a year old thread so I let it go, I've learned so much here that stuff like that drives me crazy...and if DNewton is reading this, they're also dumping their MC syn at 5k miles, morons.

Didn't think that any of the engines where hard on oil...

Many of these cars are someone's "baby", so that explains a lot...

I'm a member of a couple ATV forums, and most everyone on those sites seems to insist that you MUST run synthetic oil or you'll ruin your engine. I can just imagine the uproar when they find out their "synthetic" oil isn't truly synthetic.

I own a V6 mustang, and it's my baby lol, and when I was more ignorant on the issue, I ran PU for 4-5k miles...but then I realized I could spend half the money and I wouldn't have to feel guilty bc the car would never know the difference. And I'm not all that sure about how hard on oil they are. It seems from the very few UOA's I could find on the 4.0, higher iron occurs with syn.

I just always get a kick out of the V6 Mustang guys who really think they have something. I worked with a guy who bought a new V6 Mustang and he was showing all of the cool aftermarket parts he bolted on. Cold air intake, Iridium plugs (wow, iridium huh), and he said after he bought his new exhaust he would have as much power as a V8 Mustang. For the amount of money he was investing in his V6 he could have bought a V8 and been done with it.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
I just always get a kick out of the V6 Mustang guys who really think they have something. I worked with a guy who bought a new V6 Mustang and he was showing all of the cool aftermarket parts he bolted on. Cold air intake, Iridium plugs (wow, iridium huh), and he said after he bought his new exhaust he would have as much power as a V8 Mustang. For the amount of money he was investing in his V6 he could have bought a V8 and been done with it.

Yeah, if I buy a Mustang, it will be a V8. Wouldn't want to be the "wish I would have bought the GT" guy. I definitely have a need for speed though. My brother had an '07 V6; put on a CAI, 91 octane tune, x-pipe, and catback. It was fun enough for a DD, but only ran 15.5 in the 1/4 with 90F ambient temps w/ a 180lb passenger. Not to mention, the MPG was garbage for a V6.

The new V6's are actually quite powerful, still would opt for the 5.0 though.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
I'm a member of a couple ATV forums, and most everyone on those sites seems to insist that you MUST run synthetic oil or you'll ruin your engine. I can just imagine the uproar when they find out their "synthetic" oil isn't truly synthetic.

The amount of misinformation on ATV sites concerning oil is insane.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Mustang evolution is a total joke. Little kids who think a cai makes big power

I love the 'bolt on' crowd. Years ago I was humiliating a bunch of fellow LX owners at a meet we had in Bradenton, running better times than almost every other car there with CAI and loud exhausts. Moving the curve upwards is not always a recipe for more acceleration...

Preferably a real V8 like the 351 I had in my 1969 Mach1 Mustang.

Originally Posted By: Stang40
All these guys with 2010-2013 V6 Mustangs were warning their new guys to NEVER put "regular" oil in their cars because it would increase wear and could damage the engine

they're also dumping their MC syn at 5k miles, morons.

If you read through this forum there are plenty of posters here that think and do exactly the same.

Originally Posted By: Donald

Preferably a real V8 like the 351 I had in my 1969 Mach1 Mustang.

Now you're talking!

You see the same mis-informed people here. Look no further than the "how long do I need to idle my engine before I drive" or the "how do I break in my engine" threads.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: panthermike

The new V6's are actually quite powerful, still would opt for the 5.0 though.

You're not kidding. The V6 Mustang of today has as much power as my 1997 Cobra had. That's insane!

Ignorance is bliss.
They certainly aren't hurting their engines.
They're just hurting their wallets.
If you were to post something on their site, most would shout you down for having challenged their long-held faith.
A little knowledge goes a long way for those who keep an open mind and are more intersted in fact than faith.
A couple might just decide that if they want some oil knowledge, then they should visit an oil site.
I only know of one that's worth spending any time on.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
All these guys with 2010-2013 V6 Mustangs were warning their new guys to NEVER put "regular" oil in their cars because it would increase wear and could damage the engine

they're also dumping their MC syn at 5k miles, morons.

If you read through this forum there are plenty of posters here that think and do exactly the same.

Yep i am one of those "morons".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back