where can i find out how good tires are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy some from Discount Tire,but i want to know if they'll be decent ones.where can i go to find out how good or bad they are? Thanks

You can also post a thread here and details about your budget, vehicle, and what your needs are, ie: good ride, longer life, noise, all season or summer, and you will probably run into someone who has a similar application with experience.

Thanks. I want to get these for my 66 Nova,6cyl. I don't plan to drive on the freeway,since the stock suspension on these is horrible for handling in emergency situations.NO RACING either.No snow here.Just cruising around the city.Reviews look good for what I'm looking for.

Tirerack is good , they have customer reviews, regular reviews and even some extensive reviews, but they depend on the tires themselves.

I usually , Google and to find other reviews as well, if tirerack is good, other sites are good I'd go for it.

Tire Rack is usually a good resource as long as you can filter out the bull. So many of those 'reviews' are ridiculous. Some are hysterically dumb while many are just a complete waste of time.

This won't help a Falken shopper, of course...

I used to shop at tire rack but am sold on mastercraft tires now.. they dont sell them so i dont shop there.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Falken's not in their reviews.Falken Sincera SN-828 is the one that i want to inquire about.

Too weird. I just started a thread on this tire today; also looking to possibly buy a set, with and for a friend. DTD has a good deal on them now.

Reviews indicate the Sincera SN-828 is a decent budget tire, as long as you do not expect too much. Winter traction is not great, some say.

See: http://is.gd/ACpn8l
http://is.gd/co4MLn
http://is.gd/GhHP2k
From BITOG archives: http://is.gd/koiDzH

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
I used to shop at tire rack but am sold on mastercraft tires now.. they dont sell them so i dont shop there.

That's what I have on my Buick. Mastercraft Avenger GT raised white letter 205/70/15 I can get locally for $85 each. They would looks great on any muscle car.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Falken's not in their reviews.Falken Sincera SN-828 is the one that i want to inquire about.

I'm curious about those too. Falken does not list them on their site, only the Sincera SN-211. I have the sn-211s on the ciera ( about a month ago). The think the 828 may be the sn11's sold for discount tire with a lower mileage warranty. That or they have discontinued them and discount tire still has a large inventory. The latter is a possibility.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Tire Rack is usually a good resource as long as you can filter out the bull. So many of those 'reviews' are ridiculous. Some are hysterically dumb while many are just a complete waste of time.
This won't help a Falken shopper, of course...

You are so right about filtering out the nonsense "reviews". But, if the tire in question is a popular one with millions of miles driven and therefore lots of reviews the overly positive and negative reviews won't be too prominent in the Tire Rack survey charts.

What gets me are the folks who post their "review" after 100 miles and never revisit to update.

The other troubling issue for me regarding Tire Rack user reviews is that all vehicles that use that tire get lumped together. Rear wheel drive, front wheel drive, all wheel drive, minivans, sports cars, luxury cars, short wheel base, long wheel base, etc., etc. Granted, the tire's size and performance characteristics tends to dictate what kind of vehicles that tire winds up on, but the waters are muddied all the same.

With all that said, Tire Rack is still a tremendous resource to have available, and a major factor that I always work into my tire buying research.

Long live the Tire Rack, long live the internet.

I called discount tire today. They confimed that the sn-828 is a tire made for them, thats why its not listed on the falken site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back