Where can I find mobil 1 0W-40 in Canada (Québec)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo,

It's very early to tell if Crappy Tire or WalMart will be carrying SuperSyn 0W40 here. I've only seen SuperSyn 15W50 here so far (I'm sure the rest will eventually follow). For the time being, I highly recommend Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 readily available at any WalMart for $36CAD per 4L jug.

Regards,

Oz

P.S. If you ever see a Black G2 Integra with a nasty bodykit, that would be me
wink.gif
Hopefully, that bodykit won't last forever though
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by The_Oz:
Turbo,

It's very early to tell if Crappy Tire or WalMart will be carrying SuperSyn 0W40 here. I've only seen SuperSyn 15W50 here so far (I'm sure the rest will eventually follow). For the time being, I highly recommend Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 readily available at any WalMart for $36CAD per 4L jug.

Regards,

Oz

Thanks Oz,

I think I will go with the Delvac 1 and keep it 15 000 km (maybe more) with filter change at 5000 km.

JP

Greetings from Alberta!
I was successful last week in finding 0W-40 M1 through a local Imperial Oil distributor both in town and in Calgary. Imperial Oil is back marketing Mobil 1.Picked up a case for $6.71 per litre.
Cheers!

quote:

Originally posted by 3xSHO:
Greetings from Alberta!
I was successful last week in finding 0W-40 M1 through a local Imperial Oil distributor both in town and in Calgary. Imperial Oil is back marketing Mobil 1.Picked up a case for $6.71 per litre.
Cheers!

If I figured right, that's $3.99/qt. Not bad!
Ken

quote:

Originally posted by williar:
I have the same problem in Washington State (there are no AutoZones stores around here). Found some at a Porsche/Audi dealer; $6 (US) a quart.

Check the price for your NAPA auto parts store to order some...or any other auto parts store. I checked in Schuck's (part of the CSK--Checker/Schuck's/Kragen chain) and they can't even order it. Mobil1 0W-40 is only US$7.95 at Barrier Volvo!

Ken

Or check these Washington State Mobil lubricant distributors

I deleted this as it goes against our forum policy. Please read our board rules. If you're interested in dealing with a Mobil rep, consider doing business with our resident mobil guru GeorgeCLS. This helps us support the board for free and also gives you a good deal on your search for Mobil products. regards, bob

I might share an order.

Ken

[ October 12, 2002, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

Hi,

Since Mobil 1 0W40 is probably the best for my car ( jetta 95 2.0L 8v), I want to know where I can find this oil...

I already checked at Canadian tire store and they can't order it.

Thank you

A friend lives in B.C. during the ski season and in Washington state the rest of the year. He says that just about everything is cheaper in Canada except beer and gasoline.

I know, pay isn't the greatest and taxes are many and high.

Ken

Hey Guys,

If you have been looking at the Mobil-1 website recently you will have noticed a complete about-face concerning the marketing of M1 0-40.
Previously they would only say that M1 0-40 was available only at MB etc dealers with NO plans to change this condition. They have since reversed that - I assume because there is so much interest from folks like us- and not only did they make the announcement on the home page that 0-40 is nationally available at Auto Zone stores but their question of the week the other day concerned 0-40 being the ONLY oil viscosity that passes MB specs #....such N such.
I think if AutoZone has it now, Walmart, Costco etc will have it in short order.

quote:

Originally posted by Turbo-Mazout:
Thanks Oz,

I think I will go with the Delvac 1 and keep it 15 000 km (maybe more) with filter change at 5000 km.

JP
JP,

No problems. I suspect that Delvac 1 5W40 is still THE top-of-the-line oil coming from Mobil. I can't wait to buy another jug (my WalMart ran out), and finally do a virgin analysis of it. I am confident its additive package is better than SuperSyn along with a better basestock.

So far, the SuperSyns that I am seeing on the shelves of Crappy Tire are priced just the same as the Tri-Synths. I suspect 0W40 will be priced the same (if it even becomes available).

If you are unaware of it yet, you can try Hewitt/CAT in Pointe-Claire for your oil analysis reports. Other than that, I can only recommend Terry Dyson.

Address for Hewitt/CAT is:

5001 route Transcanadienne
Point-Claire
H9R 1B8
514-630-3100

It is in between Boul. Des Source and Boul. St-Jean on the north service road...you can't miss it. Basic oil sample costs $23.01 including taxes. Run a search on "Hewitt" under the used oil and virgin oil forums to see what you get for that price.

Regards,

Oz

Hello all,

I am new to this board...

Speaking of mobil 1 0-40 super syn, has any one else experienced a slight drop in mpg because of its use??
I was running 5-30 mobil 1 ss and was hitting around 33-34 mpg in a 2002 cavalier with the ecotec engine. It epa stickers at 33, if i am not mistaken .. now i am lucky to hit 30 under the same conditions(all interstate miles, 50 miles to work 1 way, cruise set on 70, air never on at 3:30am)... I have 15k miles total on the engine.

I am changing at 5k intervals, which might be overkill, but i always have.

I am thinking about going back to mobil 1 5-30 ss , or 0-30 , the next change to see if the mpg improves..

Spectre,

The 0w-40 is significantly thicker than the 5w-30 at operating temp, so of course the fuel efficiency is going to go down. I am surprised at the extent of the effect in this case, I would only expect a difference of perhaps 2% due to viscosity. This effect will be more pronounced in an engine that operates at high rpms, like a four cylinder gas engine. Low rpm diesel engines run just fine on the heavier oils ....

Thanks all for your opinions,

and for the welcome.

Maybe there is another reason for the change in mpg's.

I will switch back once to see if things go back to what they were.

Spectre,

It's not an opinion, it's simple fluid mechanics .... I've worked as a propulsion engineer for almost twenty years - I sort of think I understand these things
wink.gif

All things being equal, if you run a higher viscosity oil of the same type, your fuel efficiency and power will be reduced. This is why Winston Cup cars run 0w-30 synthetics during qualifying laps ....

TooSlick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back