Where can I buy Mobile 5W-40 Delvac 1?

Nice name. [Roll Eyes] I order it from a local distributor. Gets here in one day. I payed $52 for 2 gallons. I'm going to do a Delvac 1 and SS mix next after I finish this Amsoil 10w-30. I don't have any truck stops or other places that sell it either.

My local NAPA store will order it for me. They also carry Redline, so guess which one I use. The local truck stops don't stock D1.
quote:
Originally posted by buster: Nice name. [Roll Eyes] I order it from a local distributor. Gets here in one day. I payed $52 for 2 gallons. I'm going to do a Delvac 1 and SS mix next after I finish this Amsoil 10w-30. I don't have any truck stops or other places that sell it either.

Hey Intelman34, Are you talking just outside Milwaukee?Baine's Farm and Fleet?At Woodstock the were clueless.Also I could go to an Elgin Distributor. Thanks RichR

quote:
Originally posted by RichR: Hey Intelman34, Are you talking just outside Milwaukee?Baine's Farm and Fleet?At Woodstock the were clueless.Also I could go to an Elgin Distributor. Thanks RichR
Blains Farm and Fleet in Waukesha, WI has it. I just picked some up today. The store phone number is 262-784-7708 The stock number of the Delvac 1 on the receipt is 333769 and it was $21.99 Hope this helps. [ June 19, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Intelman34 ]

Thank you Gents, I have been thinking of going to Delvac1 if I get a new job with a lot of highway mileage combo and a Toyota OHC.It might be a good shear stable/high mileage choice.I will look up some truck shop for prices.And see what is cheapest. RichR

Ron

Hi,Check your local FREIGHTLINER truck shop,$21/gal.I'm running D-1 in my '99 Ford E-150 van,4.2L six.After some 5-6k miles,I'm planning a UOA to compare with Castrol Syntec 5w-50. [Big Grin] Ron

quote:
Originally posted by Intelman34:
quote:
Originally posted by RichR: Hey Intelman34, Are you talking just outside Milwaukee?Baine's Farm and Fleet?At Woodstock the were clueless.Also I could go to an Elgin Distributor. Thanks RichR
Blains Farm and Fleet in Waukesha, WI has it. I just picked some up today. The store phone number is 262-784-7708 The stock number of the Delvac 1 on the receipt is 333769 and it was $21.99 Hope this helps.

If you're coming from Chicago, the Petro truck stop/gas station/restaraunt right off of Hwy 94 in Kenosha has it for $26/gallon, last I checked. I think the exit number is 222.

CJH

quote:
Originally posted by Unabomber: I can get it online at http://www.avlube.com/automotive.htm, as supporter of this site, but would like a local source. There are no truck stops near me, and the local Wal-Mart only has Delvac 1300. Where do you buy yours?
I happened to walk into a "Flying J" truck stop and they had Delvac 1 on the shelf for $30 a gallon (OUCH!). Yes, I did buy 2 gallons anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by CJH: I happened to walk into a "Flying J" truck stop and they had Delvac 1 on the shelf for $30 a gallon (OUCH!). Yes, I did buy 2 gallons anyway.
Did it also come with a free tube of KY Jelly? [Eek!] Mobil Oil Distributor Directory [ June 30, 2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: TexasTDI ]

quote:
Originally posted by CJH: No, I think they expect the Delvac to do double duty.
No, they expect you to pay $10 more per gallon than you have to. And that's exactly what you did. P.T. Barnum was right.... [LOL!] [ July 05, 2003, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: TexasTDI ]