Where are you getting tires mounted and balanced?

I always assumed that if you steal and rob instead of working to make money BEFORE going to prison, you're not going to like working for a living AFTER getting out. That's why it's called a revolving door.

I always assumed that if you steal and rob instead of working to make money BEFORE going to prison, you're not going to like working for a living AFTER getting out. That's why it's called a revolving door.
Very myopic and uneducated viewpoint, as well as being far off topic for this thread.

Back to the subject.. I took my truck to have all the tires balanced at a local mom and pop $35 out the door. I was going to go get a bubble balancer and try it myself but at that price but don't know if it's worth the hassle. The other vehicles have a plan with Firestone.. waste of money and the alignment was even bigger waste of money. They can't do either on three vehicles so it's a not mechanical issue. Ticks me off.

Do they actually balance tires anymore? I thought they just had a big plastic dummy machine to fool customers. Based on my experience over the past 15 years or so.

Back to the subject.. I took my truck to have all the tires balanced at a local mom and pop $35 out the door. I was going to go get a bubble balancer and try it myself but at that price but don't know if it's worth the hassle. The other vehicles have a plan with Firestone.. waste of money and the alignment was even bigger waste of money. They can't do either on three vehicles so it's a not mechanical issue. Ticks me off.
Yeah I like going to a small shop for alignments, I don’t think the big chain shops actually test drive the cars after they’re off the rack and you can tell that.

Really lucky here. Have a great local, family owned, shop just down the road that has been in business for decades. The shop near me is their second they just opened a year or two ago. All they do is tires and they do it well.

If I wasn’t fortunate enough to be working where I am; I would use my brothers and I friend Chet (chad is real name) as he will charge bro or me $100 for 4 tires if we bring our own. I do my tires at my workplace after working hours 😁

If I wasn’t fortunate enough to be working where I am; I would use my brothers and I friend Chet (chad is real name) as he will charge bro or me $100 for 4 tires if we bring our own. I do my tires at my workplace after working hours 😁

I miss those days Stude. I used to run a fab shop and it was really cool to have my own special projects going on.

Back