Where are you finding Mobil 1 0W30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use this oil in my cars, but it seems to have disappeared in my area about three years ago, when Mobil 1 0W40 and T&SUV oils hit the shelves. I've had no luck at AutoZone, Advanced, O'Reilly's, or Pep Boys.

I tried a "search" on this board for a VOA and/or UOA, with minimal results. How does this oil stack up against the Amsoil 0W30 and the GC 0W30?

Mobil1 0w30 PDS

I bought a bunch at autozone clearance for 2 bucks a quart back in December or January. I am making mine last too. I do not believe it was kept with the SM reformulation and it is not available at this time in the EP line.. Much like the 0w20 the )W scares the public.

Mobil 1 0W-30 meets key builder specifications:

GM 6094M, GM 4718M (Corvette spec)

Ford WSS-M2C929-A

ILSAC GF-4

API SM/CF

ACEA A1/B1

Mobil 1 0W-30 is an advance performance synthetic engine oil designed to provide cleaning power, wear protection and enhanced fuel economy performance. Mobil 1 0W-30 offers an enhanced fuel economy formula and exceeds the requirements of the latest industry standards required by newer modern gasoline and diesel powered automobile engines.

Mobil 1 0W-30 is recommended for all types of modern vehicles, including high-performance turbo-charged, supercharged gasoline and diesel multi-valve fuel injected engines found in passenger cars, SUVs, light vans and trucks. It provides the superior low temperature protection of an 0W grade while providing the high temperature performance of an SAE 30.

Mobil 1 0W-30 is especially suitable for extreme conditions, where conventional oil often cannot perform.

Mobil 1 is not recommended for 2-Cycle or aviation engines, unless specifically approved by the manufacturer.

I get 0W-30 at Napa, they're about the only ones I've found that stock it. I just have trouble finding anything in a 0W, I really want 0W-40. Best I could be was 5W-40 truck and SUV, everything else was 10W or 15W.

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
Yup, no 0w-30 Mobil 1 anymore being made, but I have seen some @ a Pep Boys a few weeks ago. I have 12 qts from the AZ clearance ($12 for all).

Are you sure it's no longer made? I remember our member Heyjay that had a need for real Arctic type conditions.

Shush big john..shush That is the hiding place of old stock.
twak.gif

The fact that most Kmarts have very low oil volume means there is alot of SL stock to be found.
cheers.gif

Mobil 1 0w30 IS still being produced, & it is SM. Check www.mobiloil.com if you don't believe me.

The stores may not be stocking presently, maybe since it's summer, but Mobil 1 still makes 0w30 oil.

FWIW, the Advance Auto near me still has some 0w30, although it's the old SL, in the old bottle.

quote:

Originally posted by Big John:
If you have a K-Mart nearby they might have it.The ones around here do and I scoffed up 36 quarts on sale...

I love K-Mart!
smile.gif
The one near me always has a ton of great oil on their shelves, & at least one oil is always on sale. Now, if they would just start carrying Motorcraft filters.......

Bryan, so you were the one who got all of the 0-30 in C.C.!

I only found one M1 0-30 quart at the AZ on Leopard near Miller H.S.

I must have missed it, I thought for sure I cleaned That store out! Seriously. They had a bunch or 0w20 and 0w40 on clearance there too. I am kicking myself for not getting all of that as well and doing some crazy blends. Of course they were looking at me like I was a crazy because I got SOOO excited. My wife was was also concerned when she saw all the Maxlife syn and mobil 1 I had suddenly aquired. But I brought up her shoe colection and had the upper hand
wink.gif

That was as memorable as a good hunt or successful fishing trip.

I have 10 quarts of it in my closet from the AZ sales last season.
If my havoline synthetic UOA comes back really good I'd be happy to sell it to you pretty cheaply.

quote:

Originally posted by terminaldegree:
I have 10 quarts of it in my closet from the AZ sales last season.
If my havoline synthetic UOA comes back really good I'd be happy to sell it to you pretty cheaply.

Original poster was from Cincinatti I am in CC tx. as is Islandvic if shipping is a chore
wink.gif
There is no need to let that oil be lonely in the closet I have some friends for them to reunite with. Anyone want to fight for it?
itschy.gif

I exchanged some $2/q AZ stock at KMart for some 10w-40 Clean 5000. I will be keeping an eye out for a(nother) clearance sale because I mix it with 0w-40.

I picked 9 quarts of of 0W-30 M1 when Autozone closed it out for $1 each and few quarts of M1 0W-40 to mix with it when the local Wally closed it out. I've since collected more of the 0W-40 since they had it marked down still further, all the way to $2.00 a quart.

This stuff will work great in my son's Pathfinder for no more than I paid for it...

Where in central tx terminal degree?

I sometimes visit S.A. or Austin.

I may be interested, unless Bryan drives up and gets it and drives back before his wife wakes up!

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
Mobil 1 0w30 IS still being produced, & it is SM. Check www.mobiloil.com if you don't believe me.

The stores may not be stocking presently, maybe since it's summer, but Mobil 1 still makes 0w30 oil.

FWIW, the Advance Auto near me still has some 0w30, although it's the old SL, in the old bottle.

Well I guess i was wrong. Maybe it is the 0w-20 I was thinking of. I have not seen any SM bottles of M1.

quote:

Originally posted by Bryanccfshr:

quote:

Originally posted by Islandvic:
Where in central tx terminal degree?

I sometimes visit S.A. or Austin.

I may be interested, unless Bryan drives up and gets it and drives back before his wife wakes up!

You can have dibs;) I won't be in Central tecas for at least 5 weeks.

Maybe I'll just go and get it.
smile.gif

I have no need for it, as I actualy have 12 qts of it from the AZ clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back