Where are the three consecutive Redline UOA's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will someone kindly point me to three consecutive UOA's (preferably image links to the reports rather than typed data
wink.gif
) that show Redline trending down in wear metals?

We keep hearing that after three or so uses that Redline will indicate reduced wear metals. I would just like to see something more than anecdotal evidence to this effect.

Not saying that they don't exist--I'm just saying "show me."

smile.gif

Dan

Dan,

Have you looked with the 'Search' function provided here?

There are UOAs of Red Line in the UOA area,
the Lead does trend down with each OCI.

Also, there is a UOA for Mobil 1, three or four UOAs and the Iron trended down to
grin.gif

offtopic.gif

Dan,

Not picking on you ...

I and others have told countless other members to use the search button to find information that is available here.

Maybe BITOG should consider having tests for new members to BITOG,
new members should be required to prove they know how to use the SEARCH button
tongue.gif

I've used the search function you mention. I'm quite familiar with it actually.

If there are three consecutive Redline UOA's that show a downward trend in wear metals (iron, lead, copper--all inclusive) then someone should be able to bring up the links.

I'm not saying they don't exist--I'm just saying I can't find them.

Dan

Buster,

Thanks for the link, but I would have to call that break-in wear, or at least more than likely so.

Too, since Redline afficianados generally say that it is the "cleaning" power of Redline which is responsible for the high wear metals in initial RL UOA's, this cannot be asserted here, as this Subaru had been on Redline from day one; What should there have been to clean?

I think you'll agree with my assessment if you look back over that report.

Dan

Bobert,

Thanks for looking that up. Those numbers, though, show increasing wear commensurate with the longer OCI's--so the wear metals are not trending down here. Iron seems to have gotten steadily worse, even factoring in the longer drain.

Dan

I agree with ftm here. I've said all along that we really havn't seen a decreasing wear trend with use of RL. Other then the report I posted, most jump ship after one RL UOA. However, it might not be wear as we think of it. Surfice Oxides might be mistaken as wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back