Where are the Synergyn 0w20 UOAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this VOA thread, TooSlick and others stated they were trying the Synergyn 0w20. Are we going to be seeing any UOAs on this oil any time soon?

smile.gif

I have it in two new 2004 cars I bought in the last 1.5 months but plan on running very long intervals so it will be awhile for me before I post analysis . I stuck the oil in at 400 miles on one , 500 miles on the other so I might do an early change due to break-in say October ?

He He , one of the engine/maker calls for a 40wt above 85f in the owners manual and neither of the cars allows a 20wt .
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
I have it in two new 2004 cars I bought in the last 1.5 months but plan on running very long intervals so it will be awhile for me before I post analysis . I stuck the oil in at 400 miles on one , 500 miles on the other so I might do an early change due to break-in say October ?

He He , one of the engine/maker calls for a 40wt above 85f in the owners manual and neither of the cars allows a 20wt .
tongue.gif

I wouldn't run an extended drain with my first try of this oil for two reasons: These are new engines, and I'd want to see how the wear numbers look at a moderate drain interval before stretching it out. I'd go 5000 miles max and see what the numbers look like.

I'm doing something similar to your Synergyn experiment, but I'm trying Pennzoil's 5w20. The only grade of oil spec'd for the 3.5 HO in my Chrysler is 10w30. I'm going to run the 5w20 for 3000 miles (which will take me through a hot SC summer) and see what the numbers look like. If they are good, I'll probably stick with this oil, since I really like the way it's built: 40% Group III, lots of moly, good dose of boron, and $1.77 per quart.
grin.gif

This oil is in my wife's '03 MDX since November and about 600 miles before drain time or mid April. OCI will be 4k for the first batch then probably extend next OIC to 7.5k miles if results are good.

Mine's at 4k now, but I'm waiting until 6k to change it, so it won't be until the end of summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back