Where are the Group III UOAs that were promised 6 months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSV

Does anyone recall the lengthy thread(s) about Group 3s that prompted a few regulars to pledge that they would post a Group III UOA?

You know who you are.

In this thread I'm the only dope who promised a Group III UOA but there were others in other discussions. A golden oldie thread

FYI I'm pouring the Chevron Synthetic in this weeked and I'll take it 5000 with no Lube Control.

Anyone else game?

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

DOH, the linked thread is from 11 months ago. So much for the title of this post.

[ August 31, 2004, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: GSV ]

You'll see a 4800 mile UOA for Rotella 5W40 group III from my Nissan in a few weeks. I'll be posting it side-by-side with a 4800 mile Amsoil 5W30 UOA from the same engine. I'm very curious to see how they compare.

In a few weeks I'll be pouring in Havoline Syn Blend 10w-30 in the Pathfinder (10,000 miles). I plan on taking it to 5,000 miles and will send in a sample to Blackstone. It will be a while though since the wife only does around town type of driving and will take her quite a while to rack up 5,000 miles. It's taken nearly a year to hit the 10,000 mile mark.

Mike - Out of curiosity, where did you pickup the Havoline 10W-30 syn?

This Grp III oil has impressive cold temp data with CCV of 4100 cP @ -25C and a -44C pour point.

My plan is to run a Grp III or a new GF-4 Grp II & III blend. Both have potential for excellent cold weather start performance down to -20F !

Would a UOA on Castrol Syntec 5w50 interest anyone? I have a sample that's been sitting in the garage for a few weeks I could mail out tomorrow.

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
Would a UOA on Castrol Syntec 5w50 interest anyone? I have a sample that's been sitting in the garage for a few weeks I could mail out tomorrow.

Send it off!
smile.gif

That is one UOA I think many of us would love to see.

quote:

Originally posted by Blue99:
Mike - Out of curiosity, where did you pickup the Havoline 10W-30 syn?

This Grp III oil has impressive cold temp data with CCV of 4100 cP @ -25C and a -44C pour point.

My plan is to run a Grp III or a new GF-4 Grp II & III blend. Both have potential for excellent cold weather start performance down to -20F !

It's not the full syn Havoline but instead the syn blend. I picked it up at Advance Auto for $2.08/qt. Pretty decent price for a blend but still not quite the bargain that Motorcraft 5w-20 and 5w-20 group III blend is at $1.42 (Wally World price, Advance price is closer to the 2 dollar mark).

That CCV you stated, is it for the 10w-30 Havoline Synthetic?

Cool,

I jumped the gun and changed the oil this evening. 4.2 qts. of Chevron Supreme Synthetic 10w-30 with Napa Gold filter.

FWIW that stuff pours really thin. The engine was quiet on startup though.

Vehicle is the Nissan Frontier that has 2 GC UOAs posted. (or 1 GC and 1 GC + LC)

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Syntec 10W-40 is still in the BMW. This test will be a one year OCI (8-9,000 miles), so you will have to wait two more months for the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back