Where are all the Trekkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offended, I suppose? Or maybe they are secretly watching the movie for the 5th time already?
LOL.gif

I thought it was great, by the way.

trailer 1
trailer 2
trailer 3

I'll see it soon.

By the way, I a big fan of the original series. Seen a few of the copy cats and that's enough. I don't care for the iterations.

I will probably manage to see this on the big screen.

Treks are fine ..even the un-good ones.

Saw it last night and enjoyed it. I tend to enjoy the "back story" iterations (Indiana Jones with Sean Connery, Batman Begins, Terminator 2, etc) and do not like movies without context unless its believable.

I'm no Trekkie and do not have the love for the original series as most seem to, but I do like the detail and depth of the series and feel this movie adds to it. While you need to understand a bit of the show's history, this movie is excellent for those not deeply into the genre. Trekkies will probably pick this film to pieces, but its not really for them.

Go see it.

Originally Posted By: Jason2007
It was a good movie, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original 6.

Which one of the originals do you consider better than mediocre?

Now we will have to insert a Ceti eel into you ear canal or shove a Centurian slug down your throat. Then you will reveal your true feelings.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I'd rather be subjected to poison gas then have to sit through ANY Star Trek movie.
Watching Star Trek should be an "enhance interrogation technique".
grin2.gif

I used to like you
33.gif

Watching Star Trek should be an "enhance interrogation technique".
grin2.gif

You should be happy to learn that the newest Star Trek movie contains scenes with graphic violence approaching the brutality shown on '24.' The tedious and annoying "Peace & Tolerance 101 for Dummies" lectures, which are a part of all previous Star Trek ventures, are notably absent from this movie.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back