When's the New Ford Explorer Coming Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Seen it on Ford's website. Looks like a total redesign and it looks pretty sharp. Wife is drooling for one, but I said maybe wait a year to see if there's any first year design bugs.

Will it be hitting the streets soon?

Meh... Not really as nice as the new Taurus IMO. The last explorer was nicer.

Thanks for posting the link.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Meh... Not really as nice as the new Taurus IMO. The last explorer was nicer.

Thanks for posting the link.
thumbsup2.gif

I've always liked the Explorer, the new one included. I do think they're overextending that freaking chrome front grill a little too much, though.

Based on the Tarius chassis. Available in FWD or 4WD. No longer a truck. I think it will be our before the nd of 2010.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Seen it on Ford's website. Looks like a total redesign and it looks pretty sharp. Wife is drooling for one, but I said maybe wait a year to see if there's any first year design bugs.

It is the old Freestyle / Taurus X with lipstick on it. Not that that is a bad thing, just realize that this is a redesign of a formerly boring slow selling vehicle. May be a master stroke by Ford just like the redesign of the Taurus.

Originally Posted By: Burt
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

It is the old Freestyle / Taurus X with lipstick on it. Not that that is a bad thing, just realize that this is a redesign of a formerly boring slow selling vehicle. May be a master stroke by Ford just like the redesign of the Taurus.

Are you sure? ford has a lot riding on the new explorer. why would they rehash an older design?

Originally Posted By: sparkplug
Originally Posted By: StevieC
The arse-end is nice

Who doesn't love a nice arse-end?
Oh stop...
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Russell

Are you sure? ford has a lot riding on the new explorer. why would they rehash an older design?

To save a boat load of money. Look at the rear windows and the side profile. Its the same car as the Taurus X (X for Crossover), raised a few inches, new engines and interior. Slap the Explorer name on it, call it all new and you sell many more units than you otherwise would.

It look ok. However, it also look like a twin of the new Equinox/Terrain. I hate the way everything looks so similar these days. You used to be able to tell what a vehicle was/who made it simply by how it looked. It was easy to tell a GM from a Ford from a MOPAR by the body design. These days you almost have to look to the emblems to tell what it is. Cars and suv's anyway. Trucks still are unique to the mfg for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back