When your wisdom teeth come out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Thankfully when I had my wisdom teeth surgery (and it was on the extensive side) I didnt act out like that. I remember being helped to the car, remember driving over a bridge, then remember walking inside and sitting down in the chair.

I just got mine pulled two weeks ago. Didn't go under, just Novocain. Didn't feel any pain at all, just weird breaking sounds lol.

Ha, this idiot in the video is obviously delusional under the residual influence of the pain killers. Beyonce? What a nitwit.

I was told when I was 15 or so by our family Dentist that I
NEEDED to have all my wisdom teeth removed because they were
nearly impacted and would soon be impacted and cause a lot of pain and issues if left in and be more complicated to remove later.

Well when I was told the dental surgeon told me that they had to
put me completely under to do the procedure. I told them NO.

Now at 50 years old, I still have those wisdom teeth and I have never had a problem because of them. They lost quite a bit of money when I refused that surgery. LOL

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Ha, this idiot in the video is obviously delusional under the residual influence of the pain killers. Beyonce? What a nitwit.

nearly impacted and would soon be impacted and cause a lot of pain and issues if left in and be more complicated to remove later.

Now at 50 years old, I still have those wisdom teeth and I have never had a problem because of them. They lost quite a bit of money when I refused that surgery. LOL

And you have more teeth as well.

As long as they don't become impacted, crowd, or drift, you're ahead.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

If they would have been willing to do the removal WITHOUT
general anesthesia, but the dental surgeon insisted on it.
Even back then at 15 I was just completely against being
artificially put under. I was and still am VERY fearful
of general anesthesia.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

If they would have been willing to do the removal WITHOUT
general anesthesia, but the dental surgeon insisted on it.
Even back then at 15 I was just completely against being
artificially put under. I was and still am VERY fearful
of general anesthesia.

Why? I was all about being put under, they put you under and it seems like seconds later you wake up. It had been almost 3 hours.

Count your blessings. I had no issues until I was 22. Of course my wisdom teeth started acting up while we where deployed for the start of Iraqi Freedom. I never experienced pain like that before or since. The pain after the removal was more intense but not the same.

Then again I would roll the dice and not follow the advice of Soviet Medicine
wink.gif

When I was still high after having mine pulled (age 30), I apparently was convinced that if only I ate some ice cream, my double vision would go away.

Fortunately, no one had a camera handy.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Count your blessings. I had no issues until I was 22. Of course my wisdom teeth started acting up while we where deployed for the start of Iraqi Freedom. I never experienced pain like that before or since. The pain after the removal was more intense but not the same.

Oz military doctrine is that if you are to be deployed, they take your wisdom teeth. A mate who did Iraq in the Oz infantry describes in great detail the use of splintering chisels, and hearing that pound through his head.

I had an impacted one at age 17, which straightened up and flew right by 20...kept them all.

Ehh, it happens.

You could be in rather traumatizing pain, for several days. Why should someone be forced to sustain that if it's not necessary? Especially younger children (Remember David After Dentist?)

Ehh, this is just from the perspective of someone who spent 8-15 struggling with Acid Reflux, and had to have 3 upper endoscopy's (yes they put me out, and yes that is the best 5 minutes of sleep you can ever get.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back