When You Put People On A Racetrack Who Think They Can Drive

At least these drivers are on a closed course tearing up their own cars (mostly), not on public streets hurting others. You don't know your limit until you exceed it. Not a call you want to make to your insurance company.

Not a call you want to make to your insurance company.
One you mention it was used at a racetrack it would be denied. Unless you lie about the accident, but the damage would probably set off other flags once the adjuster looks at the vehicle and the lack of a police report.

Not much different than pro's who crash , these cars in the video are pushed way past there limits !

Not a call you want to make to your insurance company.
I don't think any insurance company will have an interest in your accident. You'll be entirely on your own. And many of those (expensive) cars look like total write offs - though the owner might have a few parts to sell.

Up until that fateful moment I expect it was a lot of fun. Expensive fun though.

In a few cases one car took out another. I wonder what happens there?

I don't think any insurance company will have an interest in your accident. You'll be entirely on your own. And many of those (expensive) cars look like total write offs - though the owner might have a few parts to sell.

Up until that fateful moment I expect it was a lot of fun. Expensive fun though.

In a few cases one car took out another. I wonder what happens there?

"The Nurburgring during Touristfahrten is a public road in Germany and German drivers' insurance covers damage to their property and third party claims on them."

Of course, that is just for the open tour days. An organized track event and you'd better be rich or bringing your own specialized policy.

Good breakdown for people from the UK, but some general ideas for how it works over there.

"The Nurburgring during Touristfahrten is a public road in Germany and German drivers' insurance covers damage to their property and third party claims on them."

Of course, that is just for the open tour days. An organized track event and you'd better be rich or bringing your own specialized policy.

Good breakdown for people from the UK, but some general ideas for how it works over there.
Sounds like you'd better have insurance specifically covering the Nurburgring, health care insurance covering emergency evacuation by helicopter, and best of all a big bank account.

A fun event for sure, but expensive, and potentially very expensive.

Use a rental car, LOL...

(that's a joke.)
It's really no joke. You can rent one from Hertz for $400.00 @ day that has 900 H.P. I can't imagine how many will be wrecked, or have their drivelines beaten to a pulp.

When Hertz started this with Carroll Shelby back in 1966, they rented out something like 1,000 of them in a nationwide program. If you have one of the few that remain, and it matches the VIN numbers of the cars that Hertz purchased, they're worth well into 6 figures today.

Many were wrecked, and some even had their engines swapped out, (stolen), by bogus "renters", who replaced them, then tried to return the vehicles.

As a driver who has participated in numerous "high performance driving events" (BMW slang for "my bimmer is faster than your bimmer"), I can attest to the overwhelming influx of sensory data when driving at high speeds on a track. This was especially true during my first few event.

Back