When worlds come together....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here people use a WIX 24003 fuel filter with a replaceable cartridge. It's small enough in diameter to not interfere with optical sights. Everyone has their own recipe for stuffing the can around the filter but they work.

Also, you still need to buy the $200 tax stamp to be legal.

Link

With a little looking around you can find them cheaper.

Love Hickok45's channel. There are cheaper options for adapters, search for a solvent trap. But like OEJ mentioned, still need the tax stamp. The prepper in me thinks that a can could be useful in a SHTF situation, but I'm probably looking for justification, I can't get one in IL anyway.

I am pretty surprised how well it works though, that first shot with the rifle, I thought it misfired.

Use a filter with no bypass valve (GM application).

In hindsight, its perfectly obvious that an oil filter would make a great suppressor. It has an open tube for the projectile and initial pulse of supersonic gasses, surrounded by a tube with multiple chambers (the filter pleats) separated from the projectile tube by a perforated cylinder so the gases can expand into the chambers, but the expansion is damped so it goes sub-sonic quickly. An E-core probably wouldn't work quite as well because of the big holes in the core, but it would still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back