when will the grand marquis production stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what's the lastest word on when they will stop making grand marquis, crown vics and town cars?

I haven't really heard anything about it recently

The only production for Crown Vics now is for police cars only. I was told by our dealer that the Grand Marquis and Town Car were going to be produced until at least 2011, but who knows with the way things are going now.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
The only production for Crown Vics now is for police cars only.

Well, the only production for Crown Vics now is for fleet use. The Ford fleet website shows that the Vic can still be obtained for fleet use in LX, Police Interceptor, and Taxi Service (Commercial) versions.

The only production for Crown Vics now is for police cars only. I was told by our dealer that the Grand Marquis and Town Car were going to be produced until at least 2011, but who knows with the way things are going now.

From my understanding, there will be model year 2011 CVIP and Merc/Lincoln model produced, but production will end during the last quarter of 2010.

it's good to hear they will keep making them for a while yet

I wonder how there selling right now? but some are exported too

I see they export more models of the grand marquis than they list here in the USA

I fear with the ending of the crown vic/town car/merc This will be the end of V8 family sedans.

The main reason I bought my LS is because it was like the only Mid sized v8 sedan ford made.

Quote:
I wonder how there selling right now? but some are exported too

The Grand Marquis is very popular in Saudi Arabia. They even get dressed up for export. One year the Grand Marquis sported a mercedes style hood ornament (looked ugly to me, but hey, to each their own). They also got the sport model rear wings on *all* the Saudi cars another year. Pirelli P-Zero tires also go on each export car. Heavy duty cooling and oil coolers on all export vehicle (The coolers you see here only on the cop cars). They also get additional HVAC ducting for the rear seat.

Last figures I remember is ~160,000 units year produced. Best year was a few years ago at ~250,000 units.

But down to the nitty gritty, I'd really love to know why a car like that is virtually ignored by Ford. No advertising, nothing, just let the car die out. Its almost as if they want to end production of a vehicle that is a money maker.

Alex.

Sorry, where I live we don't have any fleets or taxi service. Just a bunch of police and highway patrol cars.

In areas where there are taxi fleets, a lot of ex police Crown Vics become taxis.

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
Sorry, where I live we don't have any fleets or taxi service. Just a bunch of police and highway patrol cars.

CVPI won't last long if this takes off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ2681Em4yI

I find their claim of being able to sell it at the same price as existing equipped police car rather "remarkable".

What engine are they using? It's a turbocharged 3.0 liter diesel.

Originally Posted By: XS650

I find their claim of being able to sell it at the same price as existing equipped police car rather "remarkable".

What engine are they using? It's a turbocharged 3.0 liter diesel.

It will not be UAW built and their executives would probably make less $

They can't kill it off until they offer a Grand Marquis de Sade edition!
crackmeup2.gif

The Grand Marquis is still very popular with the older crowd, check out Crown-Vic.net

I have a Mercury Marauder which is basically a Grand Marquis except:

1) It has True Dual Exhaust
2) All Aluminum Engine
3) Other stuff I cannot remember

Put a supercharger on a Marauder and you have well over 400 Horsepower.

It would be a shame if they stopped making this car, it seems too sell, meaning the Marquis, I see a lot of them in my area.

Yes, because of course that car has over 30 years of platform development and refinement behind it in this type of service........

Quote:
The Grand Marquis is still very popular with the older crowd, check out Crown-Vic.net

Older crowd? He*l, they're still popular with everybody. You see young and old alike here in CV/Grand Marq's. One reason is that you can pick them up pretty cheap from the state auctions.

There was recently a write up in the paper about how Ford is still selling pretty well around here despite the recession. A survey of all the Ford dealerships showed that the number one selling model was the F-150, followed by the Fusion, and third was the Grand Marquis. Nobody can really figure out why Ford plans on dropping it.

I believe I'll end up buying the civilian CV in 2011 if the rumors are true. I looked in to spec ordering the stretched CV a couple of years back but the cost would have been around 30,000 for a non-fleet purchase.

Now, my IDEAL spec order would have been the Police Package with the stretched wheelbase, but Ford said "Unpossible!"

I don't think that most people realize you can still spec order a CVPI brand new for around 27 grand. I'd still probably rather save about seven grand and grab a Gran Marquis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back