When to replace pcv valve?kit? 98 lesabre

Hi again all!.98 lesabre. I read many times,good measure,replaced valve every 30,000 miles.that was on 95 neons.back when I had one..
I did mine, 4 years ago,25-27,000 miles ago. Dorman kit off Amazon or rockauto,one of those 2. PIta! Putting the housing on. Map sensor crumbled as I merely touched it.rep!aced it,Obviously.
Whenshould,off valve be replace? And use new gaskets,and housing cover kit?maybe 60,or 90,000 miles?

You can easily go to atleast 60k if the oil is changed regularly. I don't know what the GM engineers were drinking when they designed that PCV and map sensor arrangement on the 3800 engine. It is really ridiculous.

I just bought a new pcv for my 03 Lesabre. I bought the car used two years ago with 79K on the clock. (low mileage) Have some minor oil usage so I decided to change the pcv. I was leery of handling the plastic and the associated map sensor, but managed to get it out without issue. Not sure, but the pcv appeared to be original. I didn't buy the kit with the o-rings. Thought I had made a mistake in that when I went to reassemble. The big o-ring was very stiff and made it difficult to rotate and lock the assembly. Used a little WD-40 on the ring to lube it and it worked. Used this video as my guide:

Back