When should I

Status
Not open for further replies.
have an analysis done? I swithced to M1 5w-30 synthetic about 2k ago and most of my driving is highway miles, roughly 75 miles per day. Should I have it done @ 5k, 6k or when?

Thanks

Are you going to just take a sample and continue to run the rest of the oil, or will you be totally draining the oil out and sampling?

Is this your first interval with this oil?

What type of car is it?

I need to know these things before I can give my answer.

The car is a 2k camry 5SFE with 65k. This is the first interval with M1, was running Havoline 5w-30 dino previously(with 4k drain intervals). And, I plan on draining the oil when I sample.

Does this Camry have the V6 engine that is notorious for tearing up the oil and turning it into sludge? If so, I would not go beyond 5k on it with any oil.

If it's not the V6 engine that tears up the oil (or if it's the 4 cylinder), then do the first sample at 6k, but after that you should easily be able to extend your intervals much further with all that highway driving you're doing.

Just found brown hard deposits in my pcv system in wifes 2001 Toyota Avalon 3.0L V-6. I thought I didn't allow anything to buildup in this car.

It was inhibiting the movement of the valve piston. Noticed increase in Nox and found culprit.

Remedy, Good fuel treat used constantly, high quality oil that doesn't shear or volatize easily, and periodic cleaning with a safe,effective cleaner is highly recommended.

Maybe that 10 year warranty will come in handy. I'm the most anal engine guy you'll ever meet, no wonder people are freaking out when this happens.

Total miles 50000.

"I love what you do for me ,Toyota", yeah right !
thumbsdown.gif

[ January 20, 2003, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
Just found brown hard deposits in my pcv system in wifes 2001 Toyota Avalon 3.0L V-6. I thought I didn't allow anything to buildup in this car.

It was inhibiting the movement of the valve piston. Noticed increase in Nox and found culprit.

Remedy, Good fuel treat used constantly, high quality oil that doesn't shear or volatize easily, and periodic cleaning with a safe,effective cleaner is highly recommended.

Maybe that 10 year warranty will come in handy. I'm the most anal engine guy you'll ever meet, no wonder people are freaking out when this happens.

Total miles 50000.

Ever looked under the valve cover?

I have 79K on my Sienna and it is spotless.
I will post some pics when I scan them. The
baffle plate on the inside of the cover is
a little stained,(but no deposits) the head
itself is totally clean

Mobil 1 every 5K until 60K, with Redline ever since. Always 87 octane and no octane enhancers ever.

I replaced the pcv valve at 60K, even though the old one seemed fine. Yes, I checked it!

Waiting for one of your kits to send an analysis in. Never have done any cleaning b/c it has always been as clean under the cover as imaginable, as you will see.

Question: would a bypass filter make any difference with this engine? Stupid question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back