When is GM going to learn? (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

quote:

You better get busy then, buddy.

With 750,000 miles in a decade and half, I do stay busy -buddy.
lol.gif

quote:

That said, this latest exchange does remind me of another difficulty I had with the second of my pair of 98 Regals, which I had forgotten when lght asked me about them way earlier in this thread -- the rotors repeatedly warped.

I had problems with rotors as well. The parts store rotors would warp sometimes within 10k of installation. Wheel torque had nothing to do with it as I installed them myself using a torque wrench.

I finally found A/A carried Canadian
canada.gif
made rotors as a more expensive option for my car. I bought them and they have served very well over the last 50k miles. The warped ones always came from riceland.

BTW, rather than having spent time turning those oem rotors, I would have ordered slotted performance rotors and had greater stopping power.

There are vast hi-performance offerings for these "W" bodies as many see extensive duty at the tracks.
cheers.gif

quote:

I agree that there are far fewer Toyota replacement parts available in the aftermarket.

That there are indeed fewer performance parts, is that the larger enthusiest market is ignoring the rice save for the kids with their f*rt pipes.

While it is possible to find some accessories/parts, it is nothing like the popularity of the W-cars and offerings from Ford and Chrysler.

quote:

finally found A/A carried Canadian made rotors as a more expensive option for my car. I bought them and they have served very well over the last 50k miles. The warped ones always came from riceland.

Man. That's just pathetic. It's OK to use Canuck parts, but not Japanese? Hmmm, is that because they're "white" like you?

quote:

That there are indeed fewer performance parts, is that the larger enthusiest market is ignoring the rice save for the kids with their f*rt pipes.

LOL. No. it's that our "ricers" need fewer parts to make our cars enjoyable/usable/more reliable. You, OTOH, need all the help you can get.

Scott

I think he was talking about Canadian made castings vs. cheap Chinese casings, which in many instances have been documented to have failures, let alone warping...

Saying it isnt so is like saying that the drill yuou buy at Harbor freight that smells like and is dripping in oil, and runs for 5 hours before failing is the same as a milwaukee brand drill that lasts nearly forever.

And if ricers need fewer parts to make their crs run enjoyably and wonderfully, then why does every boy racer in a civicneed to replace his wheels and tires, exhaust system, add a spoiler, replace the seats, add stickers and color-coordinate the underhood parts??? And for that matter, why do a large percentage of the corollas (and now the yaris too) have to come set up with an 'S' performance package, which has a spoiler and aero effects on the bottom of the car??? tell me youre not serious in thinking that its in any way "performance oriented"???

Ive seen many a subtle GM performance swap that is awesome... but most any ricer upgrade ive seen is ugly and overdone... and when we go out in the 3000GT VR-4, the ricers try to race us, and without breaking a sweat, we pull FAR away. What a bunch of idiots!

JMH

P.S. I am using chinese rotors from pep boys on the fiancee's integra without issue... for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back