When did ST filters change to Ecore?

Last time I went to WM was before the "currant situation" started. The ST filters were made by Wix last I heard.

Wife was ordering stuff for parking lot pickup so I had her put 2 ST3614 filters in the cart.

They were on the kitchen table when I got home
Looked at them and noticed they are Ecores.

Darn!

Nothing wrong with that filter and e-core.
Newer versions are good filters.
Early e-cores had to large of openings in mesh
and on some engines with very high oil pressure
has some media problems. You should be good.

My 2¢

The super tech filters are rebranded ACdelcos made by champ. The can is even the same color. I would have bought one for my equinox but had to pay double for specific bypass spec on the pf64.

My 2¢

Exactly right ^^^^^^^^^

Since I've been a member of BITOG, ST filters have been made by Champion Labs. Sometime after, Champ went to the e-core and the ST filters followed. In my area, I never remember ST filters being made by WIX but, I can't answer for every application. I remember K-Mart(yellow)Penske filters being made by WIX but not W*M. I could be wrong. : >/

Last time I went to WM was before the "currant situation" started. The ST filters were made by Wix last I heard.

Wife was ordering stuff for parking lot pickup so I had her put 2 ST3614 filters in the cart.

They were on the kitchen table when I got home
Looked at them and noticed they are Ecores.

Darn!

Maybe 2 years or so.

At least on the model (PH3980) I use for my truck, the cage seems to be more built with extra cross members than the first generation. They always come out looking very good IMO.

The construction is no different than than any quality cartridge filter. Run it worry free.

Only con is the nitrile ADBV if that’s an issue for you.

Since I've been a member of BITOG, ST filters have been made by Champion Labs. Sometime after, Champ went to the e-core and the ST filters followed. In my area, I never remember ST filters being made by WIX but, I can't answer for every application. I remember K-Mart(yellow)Penske filters being made by WIX but not W*M. I could be wrong. : >/

WIX made ST filters around 2015 or so. Identical to the lower NAPA lines. It was very short lived. Most models had the combo ADBV/ bypass.

Maybe 2 years or so.

At least on the model (PH3980) I use for my truck, the cage seems to be more built with extra cross members than the first generation. They always come out looking very good IMO.

The construction is no different than than any quality cartridge filter. Run it worry free.

Only con is the nitrile ADBV if that’s an issue for you.
Yea, seems it was around January of 2018 they went from Wix back to Champ Labs.

My 2¢
I'll take the old version over the e-core any day of the week.

Take a look at some c&p's of the wix protec/napa proselect. That was the "old" supertech. They ain't great.

No they aren’t. They certainly get the job done, but they aren’t “boring, uneventful etc.” either.

I still don’t get the ecore hate. They are built just like a cartridge filter.

Take a look at some c&p's of the wix protec/napa proselect. That was the "old" supertech. They ain't great.
I have cut open my old "white" s-techs and was not disapointed at what I saw. I am not too thrilled with a widely spaced plastic core inside the new style s-techs.

Back