When "better" is the enemy of "good".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disappointed by changes at BITOG. This is a clear example when the desire to improve a product may lead to headaches for its end-users. What was happened with "search" ? No idea why to change what was nearly perfect. Think Forum become very incomfortable.

Pablo,
I tried several times to find some posts without success. Always "No matches". For example, this UOA I could find only sorting all Ken4 posts. Is this normal ?

Last edited:
I like the new Search - multiple forums instead of all or one. But I learned you have to put + in front of each word if you want more than one word to be in the results.

By default, the search engine is programmed to only search for replies made within the past week that match your criteria. Instead, you need to change the option to allow searches of posts made within the last year.

If you think this "better" is the enemy of "good", the old board, wait until you start using Office 2007. This is BBS, easy to find stuff as most boards are layed out much the same. Try Office 2007 and you'll be running for the previous versions.

This upgrade is a walk in the park compared to the end-user retraining needed to use Vista/Office 2007.

Same here mechtech2 - a lot faster on my slow connections. I find it pretty easy to use - just takes a while to get used to. Life would be pretty boring if it wern't for change
banana.gif

I understand the "Shock" of a new setup, but so far I am happy with the new software. WAY faster, and I like the ability to change colors and such. Now if only there was a way to use RSS I would be set...

fruit.gif

(Hey when did the "happy" graemlin name turn into "fruit" - is BITOG getting homophobic?)

Depite all good words this "Search" does not like to bring me to a desired point. I cannot find topics. What steps should I make, say, if I would like to see all posts with the following criterias:

- Motul in subject or body
- Forum: UOA
- All posts by Primus
- Older than 1 week

Thank you in advance for your help.

This new forum is ten times faster with my dial up system.
It took FOREVER to load the old home page. Now, it loads in a second.
Thanks to all!

Is there a way to link or find your previous posts like there was on the old system under "My Profile"? I forget what I have posted to and like to check for later responses....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back