When asked to do a favor..

As others have said, depends.
Depends on who it is and what it is.
Family and it really is urgent, yes, I will stop what I am doing and go.
If mom, even if not urgent, I will go as soon as I am able (even if I have to move other things around).

Also as mentioned, there is a difference between a favor, request and command.

I don't think I've had this happen, at least not yet. Pays to be an introvert I guess.

I do shy away from "needy" people, once I figure someone out to be that way, I generally avoid. Saying no is getting easier as the years go by too.

There are people I will help no matter the time or situation. There are also people I won't expend the effort to even answer the phone...

Depends on who it is. For Mom, yeah i would do it her way, for a coworker or casual friend, no way im doing extra work to do it their way.
This.

I also can't stand when people take advantage of your answer when asking "Hey, are you busy?" or "Are you doing anything later?" If you say No or Nothing Really, they spring the request on you and now expect a YES because well.....it isn't as if you're doing anything. Just ask for the favor first and let me answer if i can or cannot.

Last edited:
Like others said, it depends... family I’ll generally drop what I’m doing and help if that’s what they need. Everyone else can work around my schedule.

Back