Wheel and handle kit for portable generator.

IMG_4399.JPG

I got this generator at Pep Boys some dozen years ago and use it maybe 2 or 3 times a year mostly for yard work at a 1/3 acre garage property. It's for use with an electric lawn mower, chain saw, weed eater, leaf blower, etc. I often need to move it about 50 feet out into the driveway to reach everywhere I need to work on, and that's with 2 or 3 extension cords. I added some home made wheels which help, but not much as it's hard to grab a hold of and awkward to move. Would this wheel and handle kit work here? The frame where it would attach to looks identical.

Looks like it would work. You can even do a "Magyver" and fabricate something. That's what I did.

Last edited:
Set it up like a Radio Flyer wagon. 2 wheels in back and two up front on a steering axle with a handle. Screw the deal of tipping it on two wheels to move it.

I spent way to long putting a wheels and folding handle on my 6.5 KW Predator using square tubing from a barbecue grille that was headed for the dump. and some wheels from a hand truck. Not pretty but makes the trip easier. The kit is only 50$ at HF:cool:

I have looked at the kit you posted, even though it doesn't fit my WEN generator directly - mine lacks the needed holes. I was going to use it to rig something up, but I am not sure 8 inch wheels are worth it - even though its not expensive?

If you buy it let us know what you think?

Back