What's your favourite rifle?

Rounds in the actual 6.5 - 6.8 mm range seem to hit a sweet spot of low recoil, speed and terminal energy
Yes!! They're great!! Years ago I shot 1000 yard F-Class and had a 6.5x284 built for me. It's considered a barrel burner, although mine held up fine. It is very accurate, and a lot of fun to load for and shoot. The 6.5 Swede and Creedmoor are easier on the barrel and deliver excellent long range accuracy. All three are great rounds. I also like the 7mm WSM, but it's in a different category.

I like old stuff. M1 carbines..mosin..garands..and hk 91 and hk 93. Love the s&w m&p 10 308 ar along with the sig 716. But my favorite rifle is my 03 springfield. I have 2 of them. One modern refurb and one rougher old one with wear and tear. I like that one best.

Like my old mauser k98 and many older rifles. But the springfield is just an amazing piece of history..

My March '45 Springfield M1 Garand 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20220507_164445627.jpg
    IMG_20220507_164445627.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 16
Dunno yet anymore....

Used to be my Krico .22 that I was given for my 15th Birthday (40 years ago soon)...still imaculate, but not as accurate as my 1967 Brno Mod 2...Krico will likely go...Brno will stay.

Looking forward to Rossi Citadel in .357 coming out of the cabinet...B92 went for that one.

Dunno yet anymore....

Used to be my Krico .22 that I was given for my 15th Birthday (40 years ago soon)...still imaculate, but not as accurate as my 1967 Brno Mod 2...Krico will likely go...Brno will stay.

Looking forward to Rossi Citadel in .357 coming out of the cabinet...B92 went for that one.
B92 in which caliber?

I see we had a "what's your favourite handgun" thread, and we should probably have a shotgun one too.

My favourite rifle is my CADEX Defence CDX-33 in .338LM. It's topped with a Vortex Gen II Razor scope. Thing is an absolute tack-driver. Don't mind the box of AE, it's cheap and is an easy way to get more reload brass.

[Linked Image]
The Henry Survival Takedown .22 rifle. About as fun as possible.

DF9181C9-EB84-4799-99DE-6BE3C4C126AF.jpeg
From a purely nostalgic POV: my WW2 M-1 Garand

For real: plain Jane basic M4 with M68 CCO

- No ACOG, PEQ or light. not a bunch of bolt on cool guy stuff. Just the CCO and a plain black GI sling. Simple, reliable, light.

- Caveat, for qual I have used and do like the little Magpul angled fore grip (feels better on the wrist and helps lean into sandbags). But I go without most of the time.
- added benefit when your trained and accustomed to just the basic issue; When it is inevitably swapped out; your given the exact same thing. a couple reps on the zero range and your back in the game. No opportunity to confirm zero? Lollipop and can easily hit 28/30 @ 50-100m

Last edited:
Probably my H&R single shot 45-70. Something about the absolute simplicity of a pipe with a buttstock attached to it. Plus the 45/70 is fun to reload.

Runner up probably my Swedish CG63 target rifle in 6.5x55.

Back