What's your favorite glass cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Sprayway, but have to find a decent type of cloth. Newspaper doesn't work as good as how to articles claim.
frown.gif

I need a strong glass cleaner...I have quite a bit of "stuff" on them...

I was told Perfect Glass works well on cars. (I haven't tried it yet)

Stoner/3M/First Place Finish(good old Rick Hendrick's house brand at his dealerships) with Wypall X-series wipers.

Originally Posted By: J_Myler
Stoner invisible glass hands down is the best.
thumbsup2.gif

x2 I've used every product imaginable and always end up back with Invisible Glass.

I used to buy it commericially for my old company and these work best:

CR Laurance (CRL) - typically not retail available, trade only
Sprayway - same
Stoner

Originally Posted By: RGrant
thumbsup2.gif

x2 I've used every product imaginable and always end up back with Invisible Glass.
Stoner's aerosol can, the hand pump is just not the same.

I tested glass cleaners in 2003-04. Most of the top brands worked very well. The real key was using a top quality microfiber glass cleaning towel. See Pakshak.com or the new Dragon Fibre towel from CMA. Click here - http://www.properautocare.com/vipglasclean.html

When used with a good towel and technique, your top 3 or 4 glass cleaners are all about the same.

Sprayway - foam action is a little messy but its a great grime cleaner.

Invisible Glass - pump version is better than their aerosol.

1Z Scheibenklar - maybe the best one out there but hard to find.

Eagle One 20/20 - used to be #1 but reformulations have knocked it down a couple notches. Not the same product as before but still good.

Originally Posted By: Fester
thumbsup2.gif

Oh gosh, that's funny, I was writing how I don't like their aerosol product at the same time you were posting you like it better.

I had actually given up on IG aerosol because I could not get my glass perfectly streak free. I switched to Sprayway and dealt with the mess because it performed much better for me than IG. It wasn't until I tried a friend's IG pump that I went back to it. I actually gave away all my IG aerosol product because I no longer like it, that's how poorly it performed for me.

Anyway, give em all a try and use the one you like best (I tested something like 30+ glass cleaners, so, yeah, I've tried them all)

Originally Posted By: Fester
thumbsup2.gif

If its glass I use them on it and it works out beautiful

I use a product made by Conklin® called Reflections™ Plus. Works great on all glass and counter tops, stops fogging of mirrors and inside automotive glass.

I'm not all for IG anylonger. I just could not get decent results. I did look up Conklin, and may get a bottle from them someday when finances allow. Too bad it's not sold at Sam's Club.
wink.gif

I use one part Windex mixed with one part vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray, wipe with a clean cloth, and use newspaper to dry.

I'm cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back