What's Your Favorite Cooking Appliance

Currently I have a George Forman Grill, a Microwave, a Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) and I just bought an Air Fryer . Which do you prefer the most ?

Different tools for different jobs. Charcoal grill for steak. Air fryer for fries. Microwave for reheating or warming plates. Pour over for coffee. Oven for turkey or ham. Don't have an instant pot but they do look like a useful appliance. Cell phone for pizza. Yeah, think I'm calling now, large with pepperoni.
George Foreman..mine was too hard to clean an older model not dishwasher safe.

Last edited:
One of these.

1671314832237.jpeg

We like our air fryer. It does a great job on fries, chicken wings and such. I like my Weber charcoal grill for grilling and my Oklahoma Joes smoker. With those 3 things I probably don’t need much else.

Just my $0.02

I do the easy meals on our propane kitchen stove. I make soup and fry stuff and am an expert with the microwave and the coffee pot. All the rest is my wife's domain. I do cook quite a bit on the gas grill outside as I did burgers and dogs today and it was 35 outside. North wind was bitter. Taste was awesome though.

Love my air fryer, Haven't used my oven since I got one. Digital one broke after about a year. Electronics an inch away from the heating element? Got a low tech one from Best Buy for about thirty bucks. Spring timer, retro tech. Love it.

Microwave, hands down. It's great for 90% of the foods I eat. (with regard to your list)

However, it is absolutely not the choice for primary cooking. I prefer the oven, gas cooktop or Weber charcoal grill for primary cooking.

Insta Pot is fun and makes good food, but it's a bit of a pain to clean the lid.

Love my air fryer, Haven't used my oven since I got one. Digital one broke after about a year. Electronics an inch away from the heating element? Got a low tech one from Best Buy for about thirty bucks. Spring timer, retro tech. Love it.
Yea ........I've only used mine a few times and so far it's great .

Toaster oven for the Eggo Thick n Fluffy Chocolate waffle I usually have for breakfast and the microwave for the turkey bacon I sometimes have along with it. Microwave for 90% of everything else. Only use the oven or stove top 2 or 3 times a month.

Haven’t used it in a while, but the most impressive plug in kitchen appliance and one that will make you wonder why would anyone eat a Hot Pocket is a sandwich griller.
Quite a few reasons anyone would eat a Hot Pocket,
1) Variety of flavors
2) Tastes good
3) Reasonable number of calories
4) Filling so you're not still hungry after eating it
5) No prep time
6) Takes just 3 minutes in the microwave
7) No mess or clean up afterwards
8) Stores in the freezer and ready to have any time

I love the Corner Bakery's Chicken Pomodori panini but I ain't buying a sandwich griller plus whatever ingredients it has just to make one myself.

I would have to agree with Reggaemon. Which one is my favorite would all depend upon the task. So my favorite at any particular time may be based upon which I have recently used.

I just made a batch of my from scratch chili, which involves making my own chili powder, from dried chile peppers. So today, I'm going to say that my favorite appliance is my spice grinder. It makes that task of grinding my chiles up, a sinch.

But next week I'm going to make a batch of ice cream. So if you were to ask me next week, I would probably say that my White Mountain ice cream maker is my favorite appliance.

Back