What's with Magic Johnson reappearing everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's on EPSN, commercials, blah. When did this guy get back on the media bandwagon to replenish his checkbook?

And when will he fade away? His star has long since fizzled.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
He's been taking his meds.

And can afford the best available.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Originally Posted By: moribundman
He's been taking his meds.

And can afford the best available.

Plenty people who have gotten the best meds and treatment for any kind of disease have died. I assume Johnson gets the standard treatment. With current treatment, people live now on average for over 15 years after being diagnosed with HIV. Johnson's luck could change any day, or it could change in ten years, or maybe the disease will never break out.

Thats cause he was diagnosed very early and got on meds ASAP.

He is on lots of TV commercials cause he is a decent guy, not some ex NBA nut job like Dennis Rodman.

Originally Posted By: pbm
How has he survived so long with HIV?

there are over 115k google related webpages on that very topic.
wink.gif

I don't know how he got it (g/s), nor do I care. He always seemed a decent guy to me, but what do I know?

As I recall, HIV/aids is not really a disease/virus- nothing has truly been isolated... There are a certain number of factors that one is tested for, have enough and you've got it...

As I recall also, it's usually another illness that gets you - pneumonia is most common, iirc. Magic surely can not only get all his meds, he can also afford to totally isolate himself from any/all parts of the outside world, severely limiting himself from situations where illnesses may be present.

I'd guess that this is how he remains ok vs average joe in NYC that is used as an example.. His level of fitness surely also helped.

I'm sure there are plenty of stories to the contrary, but you have to explain it somehow...

Please just keep this thread civil.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
He's on EPSN, commercials, blah. When did this guy get back on the media bandwagon to replenish his checkbook?

And when will he fade away? His star has long since fizzled.

The same could be said about various other people. Charles Barkley? Great reputation there! Only thing good I could say about Charles, is his commercials where they make fun of him are hilarious!

Personally I always liked Magic. I don't always agree with him, but I respect him as a person and a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back