What's the verdict on the motomaster oe plus oils?

So what's the concencus on the gold bottle Motomaster OE plus engine oils? They say made with Shell technology. They re branded PP or something along those lines???
SLMOpuGYGHUOWqCsl9b6HEnzxmwDto88dMKup36vGic.jpg

Bottle looks like that old formula shell bottle but gold instead of white. Says sn plus and is probably decent enough to use. I don't see anything wrong with it. Can't say if its PP or just regular PP full syn.

Not quite PP….think Formula Shell synthetic, like they used to sell (still do?) in the dark silver bottles.

You can use the search function and find all the evidence that it matches up closely with Pennzoil products. However, with the $25 give card promotion for Pennzoil in Canada, it makes more sense to purchase Pennzoil products from Canadian Tire when on sale and apply for the card. If the Card promo did not exist I’d be buying Motomaster OE Plus Euro 5w40 and Euro 0w30.

You can use the search function and find all the evidence that it matches up closely with Pennzoil products. However, with the $25 give card promotion for Pennzoil in Canada, it makes more sense to purchase Pennzoil products from Canadian Tire when on sale and apply for the card. If the Card promo did not exist I’d be buying Motomaster OE Plus Euro 5w40 and Euro 0w30.
Totally agree, those two oils are great but last time I bought Penn Plat HM at C$28 or so each, two jugs, and got C$25 back from Pennzoil, I chose Amazon card (digital card). I'm gonna do it again as they have a limit of 2 gift cards per household.

So I found this spreadsheet online, and if one downloads the spec sheet off Canadian Tire, and then the spec sheets for Shell Helix Ultra ECT, one can safely conclude that Motomaster is rebottled Shell Helix, same with pennzoil and quaker state

Back