What’s the smallest screw on oil filter you have seen?

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
Smallest screw on oil filter for any engine, not just automotive.

I found this: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/small-engine-tiny-oil-filter.176081/

Briggs and Stratton 795990

Briggs and Stratton 795990.JPG

Anything smaller out there?

Why are you posting a Link to a Thread that was Locked?
It was locked just because it was old. Lots of old threads are locked so people don't dig them up and post in them. If it would have been posted in, then it would be locked by a Mod and told to go start a new thread.

The smallest I've installed is one on a Daihatsu copen 0.7l turbo.

2.5" high and 2.5" wide. They sell slightly larger filters but those are for a 1.3 and can't be fitted to the 0.7 without major surgery.

It was locked just because it was old. Lots of old threads are locked so people don't dig them up and post in them. If it would have been posted in, then it would be locked by a Mod and told to go start a new thread.

Ok, I see what you are saying, I remember looking at some old threads and they were all Locked. To the Op, oils, fuels, and engine designs to a certain extent have evolved to an extent that smaller oil filters are fine.

The smallest I've installed is one on a Daihatsu copen 0.7l turbo.

2.5" high and 2.5" wide. They sell slightly larger filters but those are for a 1.3 and can't be fitted to the 0.7 without major surgery.
That's the same size as the lawn mower engine filter I posted...for a car! Wow.

Ok, I found a really tiny one: 18mm x 30mm? No pictures of the insides.

Apparently it’s a fuel filter but also used as an oil filter by miniature engine hobbyists.

Thanks to @Passport1 for the recommendation.

Tiny Filter.JPG

Ok found another tiny filter, was on the same miniature engine hobbyist website. Apparently it is filled with cotton to "filter the oil" Not sure how effective that can be.

Tiny Oil Filter 2.JPG
Tiny Oil Filter.JPG

Back