whats the quietest A/T tire for a truck out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your correct! There are alot of A/T tires on the market and good ones at that. The Tire Rack has a wonderful review section on their site for just about every tire they sell. This review section give customers a chance to write their opinions about specific tires. I usually look at the reviews and try to find those who have a vehicle like mine so that I can determine wheather the tire is correct for my application and meets my particular needs. Also, read all the other opinions as well.

As I get older my tire choices have progressed from all-out off traction (mud terrain) to my current all seasons. For a fairly quiet A/T I had good experiences with Pirelli Scorpion A/T although they wear fairly quick. My current Michelin LTX M/S are smmoth and quiet on the road although they look like they won't give the same bite of the Pirelli's off road.

Although not in the "all-terrain" catagory, the Yokohama H/T-S G051 is probably the best tire for any light truck that spends more miles on-road than off.

The Michelin LTX A/T is quiet as far as I'm concerned. They where no noiser, if not quieter than the General xp2000's that came from the factory on a 1998 GMC Savana.

Alex.

Toyo Open Country A/Ts are what gets my vote.

I have them on my wifes Blazer and on my 2500HD. They are very quiet and ride excellent. They offer the best wet/snow/mild off-road traction of any tire I've ever had.

Another great tire is the Bridgestone Dueler Revo. They are on par with the Toyos,but a bit more $$$$. Thru Oct 15th Bridgestone is offering a $75 rebate with the purchase of 4 Revos.

Soft and quiet are two separate requirements. I would recommend an all-season passenger car tire if those are more important than off-road capability. Highway tread truck tires tend to be hard riding, even if quieter than most all terrains.

I highly recommend Bridgestone Dueler A/T's for quiet, handling and ruggedness, but they are somewhat stiff.

I havent used many... my 98 ZR2 had 31" BFC ATs on it from the factory. At 50k and 6 years, the tread was still ~50%, but I figured it was time to replace. When I put the new ones on (A/T KO), it was amazing how much quieter the truck went along the road.

Ive been really pleased with the BFG A/T KO tires.

JMH

after having michelin XCX/AT's (btw, those are the worst tires i have ever driven on, including $80/4 firestones)- I'd recommend against them. Loud, absolutely heinous traction qualities in all conditions, but they wear for a looooooong time.

I'm using Yokohama Geolander A/T+2's right now and they are soft enough to provide phenomenal traction (for an A/T truck tire) but still relatively quiet.

Plus, for the price, I don't think you can beat them for an all around quality tire.

I bought a set of Bridgestone Dueler Alenza's 245/65/17 for my Explorer from Tire Rack and like 'em.
Great review from a Tire Rack test and customer survey.
Waiting for my $75 rebate.
smile.gif

Well, I have a set of the Michelin XCX/APT's on my Jeep Cherokke, and I think they are exceptionally quiet tires and they are wearing like iron. I'm less thrilled with their snow and particularly ice handling charecteristics, but in the dry and rain, they are fine.

I have Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's on my F150, and they were pretty quiet when new, especially given the aggresiveness of the pattern and exceptional handling in all conditions except for mud (but hey, its an AT tire!). They have grown noisier with tire wear (I have nearly 40000 on mine), but they are wearing well, and I should easily get 60,000 miles out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back