What's the problem?

wwillson

Staff member
All, We had a crash in ubb.classic. That version isn't supported anymore so we were forced to upgrade to ubb.threads. Took a long time to get the forum back in shape as not everything migrates the way you would hope it would. We apologize for the downtime. The Mods.....

yannis

I am guessing there were too many links from outside attached to our site draining the server speed and resourses.

BITOG was a victim of its own popularity. The board script simply couldn't handle the number of hits it was getting, hence the upgrade to a newer version.

wwillson

Staff member
Quote:
I am guessing there were too many links from outside attached to our site draining the server speed and resourses.
No, the server has plenty of power, the problem was with uub.classic. Wayne

Quote:
I figured Pablo had gotten so tired of comments about his rock that he crushed the server with it.
No, but the rock thread certainly did not help the load of the board Like Wayne said, the old UBB Classic could not support the activity of the board, and it crashed. We have upgraded to a much nicer version of the UBB software, it is much faster and has more features. Please be patient while we try to tweak the new board, and please send me a PM if you see something wrong or have a suggestion. Thanks for everyone's patience while the board was down, Joe

Cool, thanks for the calender. My super-high-tech MS Windows software has none. Selectable skins is cool too. I like "desert Classic", so far, the best.

Back to the Forum, rather than back to view post option is something I've really wanted. (dial-up) Where are those irritating smiley face thingies? Ok, time to test the banned words filter- P&807bt*^TVRVR*^67rR^*9nhn0t(P*Y!

Quote:
I like "desert Classic", so far, the best.
Funny, that's the one I chose also...like being lost in the wildernessness.