Whats the problem with the car!??

I think the best looking one was the 3G with popup headlights and the hatchback option.

I think I preferred the 90-93 model myself. Passed up a deal back in the day for a pristine 5 speed car. I'd probably still have it today, those things ran on forever.

He is probably one of the folks that washes his car religiously (like myself). We wash it every year on Easter, whether it needs it or not.

The 13-17 Accord is a great car, and very easy to work on for a car so new. I'm no transverse V6 fan, and Honda still uses a timing belt on their V6, but you're going to buy one, it might as well be the Accord. The 4-cylinder Accord of this vintage is the best midsize car of the past 10 years, with lots of room under the hood, plenty of power, very good gas mileage for a car of its size, and the CVT is very reliable and seamless (and if you still don't like it, you can get a manual). It also has a timing chain instead of the belt used on the V6.

The 9th gen Accord also features indirect TPMS, so no need to buy expensive sensors when you replace the tires, and using a second set of tires for winter is absolutely no problem since those extra wheels don't need any extra sensors.

The black on the car pictures is likely dirt from snow and salt and whatever. The V6 doesn't have direct injection, only the I4. The soot would be closer to the tail pipes. The side of the car looks dirty, too.
Slack-
I am always impressed with your depth of knowledge. Reliable source. Thanks

Looks like snow/salt/sand grime - prob driving back to Florida from a holiday up north (look at the squat - that Accord is loaded down). Northern GA had snow over xmas and heck even down here in metro ATL they brined the roads xmas eve because it rained all day then rapidly dropped to the low 20's.

Or in Georgia where the OP took this picture
Looks like road grime
Naw - northern half of GA and especially the mountains the roads do get brined and salted. GA DOT has gotten a bit overzealous/precautious with it since the snowpocalypse 2013/2014, any hint of ice or snow bam they treat the roads.

It's a combination of soot and dirt. My sister-in-law's '17 Mustang (Platinum White) does the same thing. I think her issue is that it's turbo D.I., and she burns the cheapest 87 she can find. She never hand-washes the car, but either takes it through touchless, or sprays it herself at the coin-op. On the occasions I can get my hands on it, I have to use Nu-Finish to take it off. My 2018 Mustang never did this (Exxon 93).

Back