Whats the longest you have gone on an ARX cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently doing a cleaning on my brothers 02 diamante. I put one bottle of arx in with 15w-40 delo and a supertech filter. Changed the filter at 1500 miles. It's now at about 3300 miles total on the arx because he's too lazy to look and see when it's time to change. I can't really change the oil till this weekend, at which point he'll put another 150 miles on it.....should be fine, no?

When would you change the oil normally? As was said, you already changed the filter, so you probably don't have to worry about plugging it.

Ran the Aerostar 4K in the clean phase.
Didn't see any issues.
OTOH, the Aero has had syn (some grp III and some IV) for almost all of its working life, so there shouldn't have been a whole lot in there to clean.
Heck, I drained the factory oil at 1K, and then used syn-labeled oil on 3K drains for the first 90K or so, before I started reading here and learned that the 3K change was absurd.

I did a 8,000 run with the Amsoil HDD 5w-30. I was lazy just dumped it in at 5,000 miles and left it in. I think it wasn't necessary to leave it that long. Reason I felt a change in my engine at about 700-1000 miles.

I'd follow the direction because all engines are not the same.

Originally Posted By: SmotalChaos
thanks guys. reason i ask is because auto rx recommends changing it at 3000 miles.

The reason I said all engines are not the same such as a sludge engine versus a non sludge engine. I would think whatever ARX recommends is being conservative in it's approach ... it's takes responsibilities to protect your product..one needs to be conservative.

The 8,000 miles run with ARX did no harm but I know my engine and checked it everyday knowing I had an additive in my engine. Not all costumers do check to make sure .... get the idea.

Originally Posted By: SmotalChaos
thanks guys. reason i ask is because auto rx recommends changing it at 3000 miles.

That's so it's more marketable to more people. Too much lower and you have people not wanting to change the oil that quickly ..or figure the expense/hassle is too much (keeping track of mileage ..scheduling oil changes, etc). Too much longer and you're running out of what many people are willing to go with an oil change ..period. The (basically) 3k/3k clean rinse just means that the most people can do their normal oil change and go about their business somewhat seamlessly. The ring de-coking happens early on ..any real deposits require the protracted dwell time (sludge). Visuals for stains ..that's a YMMV thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back