What's the Latest GC "Green" Code??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to change oil shortly. Does anyone have the latest "codes" for GC "Green" that is sold at Autozone?

Sorry, lost my "Elf conversion" cheat sheet.

Treat it with the utmost respect. Make sure it gets regular trips up and down PCH from Seal Beach to Newport Beach (the Elves LOVE the ocean since they live so far from one). You might even treat it to a shake at Ruby's at the HB pier...preferably a nice green mint shake.
wink.gif

Who is that prowling in the dark
shocked.gif
stealthily sleuthing slowly, seeking silently for the Green Elixer? Eh? What's that? A green glow coming from the back of that store across the street? What's the sign say? A-u-t-o-z-o-n-e...could it be? Yes it IS...oh, happy happy joy joy...
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

Happy hunting!

My autozones are selling the gold stuff only - I believe it is M051xx and M052xx. What is interesting is that the M051 is in a different sized bottle than the M052. Both say the same thing though (both gold).

AZ in San Antonio has Green, still. LOL. So whats the difference anyway. Green has more calcium, gold more Magnesium. What else. I think its a shrewd ad campaign. Get all us oilheads looking .

OriginHacker21: The difference in the bottles is likely due to Katrina. Someone posted an image of a notice that AutoZone posted on shelves that mentioned the difference in the bottles.

Ah ok thanks for the info AndyH - that would explain the difference in bottle sizes (one wider - one taller). LOL The Autozone guy said the taller bottles were the "older formula." They both were M05xxxx though and both were gold color
tongue.gif

I am beginning to wonder if those store owners/operators know anything about the stuff they sell... ???

pscholte,

So would you say that any GC with M04xxxx on the bottle is GC Green? Is this number on the bottom of the bottle?

GoldenRod, that is correct. The gold GC starts with "M0502..." so "M04..." is green. This is the beginning of the batch number printed on the bottom of the bottles.

Ok I did a quick test on the spectro. We dont have a calcium channal so Its just a guess that if green has a magnesium level of 168ppm and gold is 453ppm then my guess is that green has more calcium and gold has less. Just a guess. No logic here. Maybe one was originally formulated for use in diesels so more calcium. Zinc is a tie at 1013ppm green and 1095ppm gold . No Mo in either. No Boron . No Lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back