Whats the difference between....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATM 10w-30 is for sure better. The 7500 stuff is sopposedly a blend of group 3 oil and PAO
confused.gif

Drew nailed it. XL7500 is a big waste of money. It's Jack*** Almutuzio's fully API oil that can satisfy the quick lube market and those who are really concerned about full API requirements. Right now ASL/ATM 10w-30 Amsoil are two of the best oils for your money. Of course that is my opinion but I do believe that.

[ November 20, 2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

The XL7500 also isn't geared for extended drains like the 100% synthetic Amsoil is. And since the XL7500 is API approved, it's additive package is not as strong as the 100% synthetic version.

They both have pour points of -60f. The xl-7500 has lower ash and would be better for your cat converter. If you are not going over 7500 per drain, use the XL7500 series oil.

You will see less valvetrain (iron) wear with the XL-7500 series oils than you will with Mobil 1, for drain intervals of up to 7500 miles.

Would anyone like to bet $100.00 on that? How 'bout it Buster?
wink.gif

The regular 5w-30 and 10w-30 are even better oils however, particularly in terms of the additive chemistry. They have TBN's of about 12.3, vs 10.5 for the XL-7500 Series oils ....

Tooslick

[ November 21, 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: TooSlick ]

The price differential is such that I feel one is crazy to purchase the XL series. The full synthetic can be had for 50 cents a quart difference. A no brainer IMO. Amsoil just did not reduce the price enough on the XL when it went the hydrocraked route!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back