What's the deal with drivers who tow livestock trailers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will add white duallys with trailers to list containing Volvos, Mercedes, new model Toyota trucks, and any vehicle with a Trout Unlimited license plate.

Not to mention hatchback TDIs & Subarus, not that either of them are capable of pulling a trailer beyond a 4' aluminum U-Haul biscuit box.

Livestock health deteriorates rapidly while riding in a trailer, so there is a desire to get to the market quickly to get a better price and not have animals rejected.

They also like to go really fast while empty though.

I believe the folks railing against livestock/dairy/produce getting to market as quickly as possible would be better served by that beyond meat & soy milk clabber.

Last edited:
I believe the folks railing against livestock/dairy/produce getting to market as quickly as possible would be better served by that beyond meat & soy milk clabber.

Nope. The guys pulling those trailers can just try driving courteously and professionally like everyone else. It's not hard to understand.

May I suggest 9% milk fat raw Jersey milk as an antidote to your angst?

I chill a couple thousand gallons every morning, I'll be more than happy to FedEx you some.

If you leave the jug uncapped, will be good for a couple weeks.

Nope. The guys pulling those trailers can just try driving courteously and professionally like everyone else. It's not hard to understand.

BINGO!

Some of the most obnoxious drivers on the road.
Snooty biotaches.
Now , now, let's not say that. Not my feelings at all. Let's not go there.

Just that I'm my area some move out get into horses, and don't have the experience to drive with a trailer.

Obviously, many do. Having grown up on a small farm I've seen both.

Last edited:
Nah, potty mouth, just like first time range rats, I find in general that regular wimminfolk have very little to prove, though a dying breed, the real ones seem to get stuff done without the bragging.

Unless they're competing with a guy that has a bigger satchel purse than they have, in which case I don't blame them at all.

BINGO!

Some of the most obnoxious drivers on the road.
Snooty biotaches.

Folks I think we've angered our resident livestock farmer. I guess they don't like having to play by the same rules as everyone else. :ROFLMAO:

Now , now, let's not say that. Not my feelings at all. Let's not go there.

Just that I'm my area some move out get into horses, and don't have the experience to drive with a trailer.

Obviously, many do. Having grown up on a small farm I've seen both.
I can speak from experience, I worked at a local barn here, and took lessons as well, (dressage lessons and hunter jumper) and indeed the woman that owned that place was the most entitled, narcissistic b I've ever met in my life. 😏

Obviously it adds up the farther you go but if I drive from home to my parents or to Columbus OH (80 miles), there's really no advantage between driving 65 mph and 75-80 mph. You only gain ~10 minutes. Well, the one advantage is that at 65 mph I get ~5 mpg better fuel economy.
Why do people pay huge dollars for air freight? time is money.

Welcome to IA! The only worst drivers are the big rig livestock haulers! They will knock you off the road in the winter!

Well, if it takes you twice as long, you still get paid the same. No?:unsure:
No. Truck drivers only drive a max of 11 hours a day, with fuel, food, and personal stops it's more like 8 hours a day.

65 mph at 8 hours a day is 520 miles. So while you'll still get paid the same for the load, it shorts your ability to pick up the next load and get it going faster. The goal is to get as many loads in a specific time period as possible.

Well thats enough spleen venting.

Some folks should take stock in why attacking others from a place of self appointed perfection, is so enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back