What's the big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TSA was no more than a government takeover of a private sector business that was made possible by the widespread panic in the aftermath of 9/11. There is no inherent advantage in having federal employees do the security screening, and a few airports still have screening performed by private contractors.
MCI did when we flew through there a few years ago.
Another point of objection is having TSA personnel go through my checked bags outside of my observation.
This has happened only once in a while, but I don't really appreciate having our carefully packed clothing end up in a wrinkled ball because some doofus wanted to inspect my wife's underclothes.
There is also the ongoing problem of TSA employees stealing items from passengers' checked bags.
This isn't just a fable, as a number of TSA staff have been sentenced to federal time after having been caught.
In one well known case, the chief of a TSA theft ring actually offered the stuff for sale on e-bay, where it was spotted by some of the victims.
Some enterprising TSA employees have also diversified into drug smuggling.
In fairness to TSA, I should note that airline employees have also been involved in theft of passengers' belongings as well as drug smuggling.

Originally Posted By: Tim H.
I can't help wondering how many of the TSA/Patdown haters will cry and moan when some plane goes down because patdowns and inspections were outlawed or shutdown because of "rights violations".. Think that outrage won't happen? It already did on Sept 12th..

You're more likely to get struck by lightning multiple times in your life then die in a "terrorist" attack.

Since 9/11, passengers on planes, especially males, are much more eager and willing to whoop someone's [censored] on a plane if the situation warranted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back