What's the best toothpaste to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got children's reduced F,(as recommended by ADA), and fluoride and surfactant free with tea tree.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
We've got children's reduced F,(as recommended by ADA), and fluoride and surfactant free with tea tree.

Why are you worried about surfactants?

I like mentadent - I use the Bakingsoda (white) first, then use the peroxide part. Pain, as U have to turn the dispenser upside down and push the plungers individually from the base - but it works much better. I dont like tooth pastes with "white paint" in theM (Ti02)
mentadent-advanced.gif

Last edited:
Plain old Crest.

I've used it since the mid-1950's, and with the exception of a tooth that was broken by the charging handle of an M203, every tooth in my head is original and cavity-free for 50+ years.

I brush 3 times a day and floss twice a day. My biannual dentist visits last about 30 minutes each (one of which will be Tuesday morning).

When I see people with nasty teeth I just shake my head, knowing that it's so simple to maintain oral health. And knowing that the mouth is the gateway to the rest of the body, and knowing the issues that having nasty, rotted teeth can cause with the rest of the body, I'm glad I've taken care of my teeth.

Toothpaste IMHO is like motor oil. Majority of it doing it brushing(oil act of changing) coupled to good genetics(good engine design for oil).

That all being I said used Tom's of Maine mostly because I knew the original owner before it was purchased by one of the massive products companies.

Last edited:
I've used Crest for nearly 50 years, twice daily. I also grew up in NY, where fluoridated water was the norm. My teeth are full of cavities and it won't be long before dentures or implants are needed. While my teeth are straight and good looking, it seems Fluoride was not the "answer" for me.

We've got children's reduced F,(as recommended by ADA of AUSTRALIA), and fluoride and surfactant free with tea tree.

Fixed..here we go again.

Colgate Optic White (I use this)
Colgate Clinical White is supposedly pretty good as well.

Last edited:
I look for whatever higher end Crest or Colgate that doesn't have Triclosan. My mouth seems to be allergic to it and end up with a nasty film after using toothpaste with it. And a Sonicare is pretty much essential for me.

My minor dental pain and sensitivity completely went away after I started using Jason organic toothpaste a couple of years ago. Potassium nitrate toothpaste was ineffective in that regard. I see that my Jason toothpaste contains vegetable glycerin, so the posted link would recommend against that one.

My adult teeth have been very good, surviving many years with fluoride toothpaste and a diet that would horrify the author of that site. I have two fillings near the back that were done during childhood. I've been chewing sugar-free gum after eating anything sugary since then and it's extremely rare that I go to sleep without brushing and flossing. My diet has improved with age. I rarely drink soda anymore.

Originally Posted By: Al
We've got children's reduced F,(as recommended by ADA of AUSTRALIA), and fluoride and surfactant free with tea tree.

Fixed..here we go again

And ours also recommends brushing children's teeth before the age of 2, which yours doesn't

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
I look for whatever higher end Crest or Colgate that doesn't have Triclosan. My mouth seems to be allergic to it and end up with a nasty film after using toothpaste with it. And a Sonicare is pretty much essential for me.

I'm the opposite. I specifically look for the Colgate with Triclosan as it's the only tooth paste that has had a marked difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back