WHAT'S THE BEST ONLINE PARTS STORE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used rockauto, JCWhitney, and Autopartsgiant.

Rockauto and JCW just fine.

As as the 3rd one mentioned above..."fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me." No way in Hades will there be a twice for this ole boy.

My $0.02

I saved about $40 after shipping on brakes and rotors for my 98 lesabre at Rockauto.com

Now that's good if you ask me.

What is the best ship-to-your-door internet parts seller you have delt with? Fast shipping, good return policy and so on.

I hate the Napa, AZ, Oreillys, etc web sites because they require cookies and registeration and the don't like my mozilla browser.

And I just paid $180 at my local parts place for a rebuilt alt for an 89 mazda.(!)

What are the not-so-good ones also.

I've had good luck with bulkpart .com . I bought a 15000 lb trans cooler for about 40 bucks. Ups ground got it to me in under a week.

rockauto is the cheapest i've found and:
- You give this discount code: 242599234117 to friends, neighbors, relatives,
the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.
- When someone (including yourself) places an order at www.rockauto.com and
enters your discount code, he or she will receive an immediate 5% discount on
that order.
* If you are using our Java Catalog, enter your discount code in the "How did
you hear about us" line of the shopping cart
* If you are using our non-Java Catalog, enter your the discount code in the
"Discount Code" field of the Shopping Cart and click "Calculate Discount"
- The discount code expires on August 16, 2005; so don't wait!

You may use this discount code as often as you wish until it expires, but only
one discount code can be used per order.

**Each month we see people who put the word "discount" in front of their code
and do not get the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code.**

quote:

Originally posted by 97f150:
I have ordered from advanceautoparts.com, autozone.com, and rockauto.com and imo, the best, cheapest, and fastest one is rockauto.com.

I find their website one of the worst on the web.

If you own a Saab, Volvo or BMW, eeuroparts.com is hard to beat. Free shipping for order over $39, OEM, rebuild, and aftermarket parts. Most orders ship same day.

for toyota parts try.. www.trdparts4u.com this is actually toyota of dallas. the site isnt the best but the prices are decent for real toyota parts. i've used them several times from suggestions on the tacomaterritory board. ex.. i got a tensioner for $67 when the dealers wanted $112 and napa/autozone was $110 for the noname. and this is real toyota parts. no tax and second day shipping was still almost $20 less.. just send or call barb from the site what you need. she is super to work with. filters were $3.40/case of 10 also for the denso filters also. good service is hard to find and i would definetly recommend them to you toyota fans...mudd..

quote:

Originally posted by labman:

quote:

I have ordered from advanceautoparts.com, autozone.com, and rockauto.com and imo, the best, cheapest, and fastest one is rockauto.com.

Ditto. I used them once and the shipping was way overpriced-they also don't give you a shipping total until you confirm the order. Then it's too late.

I won't use rockauto again.

quote:

Originally posted by michaelc80:

quote:

Originally posted by labman:

quote:

Ditto. I used them once and the shipping was way overpriced-they also don't give you a shipping total until you confirm the order. Then it's too late.

I won't use rockauto again.

You can calculate shipping without ordering, you just need to enter your zip. I've found that even with shipping I got BRAKE ROTORS cheaper then anywhere else, including local stores.

-T

Rockauto also now has a version of their online catalog that doesn't need Java..

Traditional Server-Page Catalog

• No Java needed - Great for Macs and Linux

• Fastest way to find a single part

I agree with T-Keith... I just bought 11 Wix 51773 oil filters from Rockauto. Why 11? Because I kept entering different quantities and checking the per unit cost (including shipping) until I found the lowest cost on a per unit basis.

For me, Rockauto is easy to use and they have a lot of choices in most parts categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back