What’s the best apocalypse car?

My cousin has one AWD/Manual Element. And I drove close to 20 of AWD/Manual Elements when I used to work in CarMax back in the day. Charlotte, North Carolina is where I'm located and we still got tons of these on the road in that configuration. The only model of Element that did not come with AWD is Element SC. That one came in Manual/Auto and FWD only.
Here is a Manual/AWD Element for sale.
Thanks for the correction.

The best apocalypse vehicle that you can find is the next one that has gas, actually runs, and is easily taken. Maintenance items and gas will be in short supply quickly and at some point there won’t be anything worth stealing because they’re broken or out of gas. Well, maybe Scotty Kilmer’s 1994 Toyota Celica will be available, according to him, it’ll never break and can probably run on urine.
Hey, don’t judge, it’s the apocalypse and you asked. 😂🍻

Type of car concern is in the past. Look at Mariupol now, apocalypse is right now today. You escape in anything, the type of car is the last thing to think about.

A low-powered Honda motorcycle, preferably an enduro like the current CRF300L.

It's great on fuel, will run forever with little maintenance, and, most importantly, the last thing you want in an apocalypse is to have to stick to marked roads.
Still have a 86 200 fourtrax quad. All original minus carb rebuilds. Can’t even remember how many learned to ride on it.

I'm thinking Farm tractor if you really need a vehicle.

Can go lots of places, runs on diesel, parts will be plenty around and can remove obstacles. And it won't break easily.

Since no car parts will be available anywhere you're going to pull spares from stuff you find. What good is something like a Hilux if you can't find another one withing a few hundred miles to get yours going again?

Horse. Runs on grass.

Wheeled conveyance? Some spark-ignited, low-power engine in a pickup truck with as few electricals as possible. Something that can run on whatever you can find or grow and distill. Diesels are out because even the simplest ones have high-precision parts in the fuel injection system that you cannot rebuild without specialized tools.

Last edited:
Back