What's the best according to Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I'm new to the forum. I was cruzing the internet looking for oil recommendations and came across BITOG forums. I have skimmed the first 100 pages of this forum. I wanted to asked a question that I've not came across yet.

I have a new Nissan Versa with 100 miles and I'm looking to run the best (or very good) dino oil in it up to about 10,000 then switch to synthetic.

I am excited to see Scheaffer's on this forum as an advertiser. I use their oil and all their lubes in my diesel pickup and love their product but it is costly for that little car.

My question. What does Bob the oil guy recommend? Or what does he think is considered better dino and synthetic?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Looking to change the OCI according to warranty till 36000 miles. It is 3750 (I'll go 4000). I'll probably go about 7500 on synthetic.

If you're sticking with Nissan's 3750-mile intervals, ANY dino oil you can get on sale will do a great job.

I agree with you, but chances are if you are on BITOG you are interested in whats going on with your oil and possibly extending your OCI to save money...

If not then change according to the manual.
thumbsup2.gif

The original Bob would tell you to use the Schaeffer's 7000 series in a 5W-30. The original Bob, the one who started this site was a Schaeffer's rep in Florida. I guess he still is but not sure since he had his stroke.

Oh,
welcome2.gif
to BITOG tndiesel

Johnny, is there not a history of BITOG sticky or independent page? I think there should be... I didn't even know that!
grin2.gif

It'd be interesting to have a history page on how things started and flowed in the early years. I lurked on BITOG back in the 2002 era - it seemed to be one big scorched earth war between the M1 users and Amsoil reps (or at least in the time period I lurked) - and I mean scorched earth. Lurked occassionaly since then as I continued my lubricity learning curve. Wish I would've stayed with BITOG back then.

Yes, I'd say good money is on Bob having Sch. 7000 in the crankcase right NOW. And for good reason (other than his having Sch. ties).

WWILSON I thought his name was Wayne and somehow related to Helen. Didn't think he was her hubbie, because I read somewhere that the late Tony was Helen's hubbie. RIP Tony.
frown.gif

Bob Winter started the site back in 2002. A few years later, Bob had a stroke and Tony purchased the site from Bob. As Pablo said Tony passed away a couple of years ago and Helen took over the site. Wayne (WWilson) is just one of the head administrators of the site that helps Helen out.

If I missed anything someone let me know.

Thanks. I will post a poll to hopefully answer the BITOG most used and accepted as the best for their application. My original question I suppose is according to oil tests, which oils (if any) have proven to be a little better?

Originally Posted By: tndiesel
Thanks. I will post a poll to hopefully answer the BITOG most used and accepted as the best for their application. My original question I suppose is according to oil tests, which oils (if any) have proven to be a little better?

Just realize that you're asking the impossible question since every member of this board suffers from a little thing called bias. Everyone is looking for something slightly different and has a different reason to be interested in oil. Considering that for 95% of the cars on the road 100% of the available approved oils will do the job if changed following warranty OCI requirements. Knowing this fact makes it impossible to determine which oil is best since the factors range from performance in various categories and cost. Welcome to the party.

Originally Posted By: blackdiamond
Originally Posted By: tndiesel

Just realize that you're asking the impossible question since every member of this board suffers from a little thing called bias. Everyone is looking for something slightly different and has a different reason to be interested in oil. Considering that for 95% of the cars on the road 100% of the available approved oils will do the job if changed following warranty OCI requirements. Knowing this fact makes it impossible to determine which oil is best since the factors range from performance in various categories and cost. Welcome to the party.

You welcome him to the party without a drink? Where's your manners?
04.gif

I mean he's gonna need it after reading this forum for a while!
LOL.gif

Bob who?.............

Many people love Pennzoil yellow bottle and it does have a very good additive package.

But why wait till 10,000 miles if you plan on switching to Syn oil? Many cars are factory fill with Syn oil. You could change right after the factory fill is changed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back