What's so great about Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Pablo, you have to really dig deep for tech data on some of the other oils.

Ok go to the study of motorcycle oil on the Amsoil website. They have about 12 ASTM test, so check it out. So no more mention of the dead horse...........

I don't think Amsoil will ever be an oil that will be able to be compared just by its cost per quart alone. You can go to the Walmarts and do that..........

The Thing is Amsoil carries more than just a single "German Castrol type oil". More choice is a good thing.

Lets face it Amsoil is not going to jump thru all the certification hoops. I think that people feel like the certification is more important then the quality. Oil that is not that great that has a certification is not what I would run.

I don't like the "meets or exceeds", versus other oil manufacturers "certified to".

That being given, I've worked with Quality Assurance for a long time, and you can deliver an ISO certifed turd, and it still becomes a "quality certified" product.

Sooooo...an oil that is "certified" to CF, SL could actually mean "just scraped across the line", or "could have done the test three times and passed".

Once out of warranty, I'd more than happilly use an amsoil product, and would use them in preference to Redline or M1.

However, for $5 litres, it will cost me the following :
Delvac 1 - $56
Mobil 1 - $67
Amsoil - $90
Redline - $125

Glennc, The final formulations of Amsoil engine oils are generally superior to off the shelf lubes available. Cost of formulation is not restricted by competing on a walmart retail shelf. Oddly enough the GrpIII/blend based oils are very good performers.

Pabs there are actually "silver bullets" in automotive oil adds, Auto-RX and Lubecontrol. They get lots of attention here because they work.

AutoRx has worked for most folks.

LC is still quite debatable. We have seen some improvements, sometimes, other times I can almost think the LC did more harm than good. My opinion only, but certainly not a silver bullet.

You can talk about it all day, but what I want to see is performance. Back in the early 90's I had a Dodge minivan with the UltraJunk transmission. After the Stealership replaced it twice, I had to cough up the bucks. A local shop rebuilt the unit there, told me about the crappy parts and trust bearings, and said use the Amsoil AFT. The mechanic said it was good stuff and this proved true in that tranny (300K with just 50K fluid changes), and every tranny I've ever had. Luck, maybe, but real world success stories are what I want, and Amsoil has delivered. Could others have? You betcha, but I know the Amsoil did personally, and no amount of "expert" squalking can change my mind!

As with any company. There are good sales people and poor sales people.
The way the downline sponsoring works is that the upline dealer should (not always the case) help educate his downline in what the products can and cannot do. I try my best with my local dealers. Kinda hard with those not within driving distance. But at anyrate there is lots of info that the new dealer can read and also get help from his sponsor.
I have helped lots of customers with their problems where other companies (equipment/cartruck/ etc) couldn't or wouldn't.
I like to saty we as AMSOIL dealers are also truoble shooters. We have a tech dept. where we can email questions too and also a large dealer network where we can also get help from on specific problems.
Thats why I love going to the Toronto warehouse and meetimg with the older dealers who have had lots of experinece. We share what knoledge we have and that makes all of us better.
One other point is that it has given 1000's of individulas a business that they otherwise may not of had a chance at.
As of this coming year I will be doing my AMSOIL business full time.
Just remember.......we (small business guy) pay taxes...lts of taxes...unlike the big major oil companies.

I feel sure Amsoil products are very good ones. While I'm not a user of it I don't rule that out. We have some very fine Amsoil representatives on this forum and I'm convinced they will be honest with you.

If I could be convince that Amsoil ATF for example would work in my mitsubishi outlander where the Diamond atf is required, I would be interested. No other afterarket company has stepped to the issue on mits, hynda, kia and Honda transmission fluids(due to licensing) and I am certain one arf can't cover all vehciles from ford , dodge chevy differe3nces to foreign car friction modifier requirements..

Seriously I am getting ready to purchase my 30k mile service items and would love to know if it's feasable before I go to the dealer and pay 5 bucks a quart for trnasmission fluid.

If this Mobil 1 shortage at walmart continues I may start looking mail order for other fluids as well.

Amsoil is not "licensed" by Mitsubishi, so they can only make bland statements. They do recommend the ATF for Mitsubishi/Hyundai Diamond SP II & III, and have tested it.

Lots of people are "certain" about a universal ATF, but it works and works well.

Why would any company recommend their products for an application that the product will not work in? You would get one sale and lose a customer and everyone the customer knows. Amsoil makes good products and they know what the products will work in and what they will not. Getting licensed and approved from the various car makers is very expensive and time consuming.

Well when our company had our tranny rebuilt for the tow truck whe had to get some off the wall synthetic fluid for it. So I opened up google did a search for synthetic ATF and made a couple of phone calls. The Amsoil Reps knew their stuff explained to me what fluid I was looking for what the numbers meant etc.. so I ordred the stuff, fast and easy.

I like that its the highest quality oil I know of that I can easily walk into any Canadian Tire and buy. It's either that or Mobil 1 for me, which cost less. Depends how important the engine I'm running it in is.

As a rule #1 Stay with Oem ATF only unless you wanna trash your transmission. Shame on any oil company producing & advertising ‘Universal’ crap. Unfortunately Am$oil and their dealers/markenting department one of them advertising Ford, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mercedes and BMW Atf compatibility all in one bottle. My local Mitsubishi dealership start to charge almost $8 for a quart of Diamond but I’d say still much cheaper then rebuild tranny.

Amsoil ATF seems to work well for me. An automatic transmission is only a hydralic pump anyway. Some have shutter problems etc... but I think they have an aditive for that.

Nicely put, ****.

One thing that is outstanding with Amsoil is that you can order online and the stuff lands on your doorstep literally 2-3 days later.

Part of my decision to go Amsoil from new with my cars is the ready availability of their stuff online. Can't beat it with a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back