What's SAI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alignment7-18.jpg

Those are my latest alignment results.

I had an alignment done because I discovered that my RF strut's coil spring was not seated on the strut's spring seat. It was causing a very slight ride height problem.

After alignment #5 (the most recent one) was done, I noticed that my SAI is no longer equal from side-to-side. There's also a 0.7 degree difference from side-to-side on my included angle. At Alignment #4, which was done with an incorrectly installed coil spring, there was no difference in SAI or included angle from side-to-side.

The car drives great-- no wandering problems, no steering problems, etc. But I'm just curious why there's a difference in SAI and Included Angle all of a sudden.

Thanks!

Miss Cleo can to his alignment.

even when i was playing with my coilovers on my mustang daily i didnt have it aligned that much, and that was when i worked at a shop with 2 hunter racks at my disposal.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
He needs to consult a horoscope to find when Saturn will have the most favorable alignment.

crackmeup2.gif

It looks like you hit a bump kinda sideways and caused a bit of positive camber and excessive toe in on the right front.
Seems pretty good now.

SAI is basically the angle between the top and bottom pivots the the wheel turns on.
Its a diagnostic angle and usually can't be adjusted.
For example you could have a badly bent strut causing you camber angle to be way off.
As long as the top and bottom pivots haven't moved the SAI will still be bang on even though everything in between is mangled.
Great for diagnosing vehicles that have been in collisions.

Take your Saturn to NASA...all those PhD's who calculate the Space Shuttle take off & landings should be able to help you align that thing. After all...it is named after a planet.

Just be thankful Roger Smith didn't pick Uranus....
LOL.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back