What's reputed to be the best conventional oil now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just grab whatever's on sale. Quite a few places do promotions where they sell quarts for $1.99. I have a few quarts of chevron supreme, shell, and quaker state. All of them were purchased on sale at a bargain.

As far as Pennzoil sales goes, does that include just off-the-shelf sales, or does it include Jiffy Lube sales as well?

suprised no one has spoke up for Havoline yet...
whistle.gif

Regarded?
Here on BITOG, PYB without a doubt.
I'd use it without hesitation.
It has shown well in UOAs.
Best?
Probably Rotella 10W-30, another SOPUS product.
Now, since most of us don't run really long OCIs, and most of don't own really demanding engines, or subject them to track use, any SJ/SL/SM/SN conventional would probably hold up just fine, and a UOA would show this.
After all, a UOA is all about how the oil held up in service, not engine wear.
You really can't go wrong with any recent API spec oil in most applications for most users.

Wished you had said that first rest of thread could have been avoided imho.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Regarded?
Best?
Now, since most of us don't run really long OCIs, and most of don't own really demanding engines, or subject them to track use, any SJ/SL/SM/SN conventional would probably hold up just fine, and a UOA would show this.
You really can't go wrong with any recent API spec oil in most applications for most users.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Wished you had said that first rest of thread could have been avoided imho.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Regarded?
Best?

Actually, ditto. +1.

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
"publics perception" thats a good one!

How so? "public's perception" is the perception of the public, as denoted by the possessive use of the apostrophe. I did leave out a "the" in front of it, but that's not required for proper English.

Originally Posted By: shpankey
I really like Havoline DS and Formula Shell's add packs and UOA results. Extremely similar add packs. Scarily so in fact.

Got a case of Formula Shell for the next few OCIs on my parents vehicle's.

im running some FS right now, its doing its job just fine.

but i get Chevron Supreme a bit cheaper so i will probably switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back