What's plugged in your HDMI's

How is your livingroom TV setup? My four HDMI's Has a Roku Ultra,FireTV Cube,Asus Chromebox,and a Sony Blu-Ray Player.Grabbed up a 75 inch Samung at Sam's on sale last September cause it had the pedestal.Still using the same TV stand I bought at Sears back in the 70's.Sound system is modest Zvox 670.Now to enjoy my retirement!

Digital cable box, Sony Blu-Ray and sometimes a laptop for Netflix or internet access. Though I do think pulling the plug on cable and the telephone is way overdue.

TV gets the HDMI
Video player (VHS and DVD combo) gets the RCA cables.
20211229_140818.jpg

My living room TV has a single HDMI cable (ARC) to my Denon receiver. The Denon has another HDMI cord that my kids use for their consoles if they decide to bring them downstairs. The TV is a smart TV, so no other devices needed.

My bedroom TV has an HDMI cable (ARC) to my Yamaha receiver and another for the old XBox One which I use for mkv's and other video files the TV won't play directly if we want to watch something that isn't available on the streaming services. This is also a Samsung smart TV (4K).

The living room TV has a Chromecast, BlueRay (unused for years), and a Peacock box Comcast sent us which we also rarely use. Most of the time someone is casting from their phone. We have no TVs in bedrooms as I put my foot down when that was suggested.

Firestick, blu-ray player, and a HDTV set top box. Why, you ask? It gets better OTA reception than the SHARP tv's built in tuner. And I have a little HDMI recorder box that I put inline sometimes to tape shows to USB stick for later editing and preserving.

Just a Chromecast, I don't need anything more.
I really don’t understand the purpose of having multiple TV sticks, especially if you have a game system
(aka all do exactly the same thing)

My newer set has
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 3
Xbox One
Blueray Player
Switch
And has a transient GameCube, WII U, Genesis/NES/SNES retron off the AV on occasion

My 27” Sony Trinitron is waiting for an RGB mod but has a TV converter box, Scan translator, NES, SNES, DVD and occasionally a vhs, N64 seems to only work on a real CRT for some reason
I used to run a core 2 duo Windows 7 box into this old CRT to emulate Turbographix 16 and run light web browsing and video watching YouTube (Redlettermedia/AVGN) on a vintage TV is amusing

Last edited:
Maybe the couples with TVs in the bedroom were prone to less sex anyway. Maybe the TV is a result of less prone to have sex, not the other way around. Maybe fat kids parents are simply more indulgent and the TV is just another result of that indulgence, not the cause of obesity.
Correlation is not cause and affect. Correlation could be coincidental. Correlation could be jumping at straws.........

Maybe the couples with TVs in the bedroom were prone to less sex anyway. Maybe the TV is a result of less prone to have sex, not the other way around. Maybe fat kids parents are simply more indulgent and the TV is just another result of that indulgence, not the cause of obesity.
Correlation is not cause and affect. Correlation could be coincidental. Correlation could be jumping at straws.........
Younger generation is all about that “Netflix and Chill”, can’t do that if you don’t have a TV 😉

Spectrum cable box
LG Soundbar HDMI ARC w/ LG Bluray player passthrough
Apple TV 4K
Living Room Gaming Computer

Connected via RCA on my LG 65" OLED is a circa 1998 PhilipsMagnavox VCR which branches out to two add'l RCA inputs for my old Playstation 2 console.

Back