What's it like to live with a Mustang as a full time daily driver?

I daily drove a 2018 Mustang GT Premium for 4 years and now have a Cadillac XT4. I really liked my Mustang but at 62 with two hip replacements a total knee and a bad back I wanted something a little easier to get in and out of. Once you're in the car, it's fine and I took a lot of long trips with the car. I recommend one as a daily driver. If you consider a Challenger, get the Plus Package that gives you blind spot monitoring, because visibility is not very good on the right side. Mustang has decent visibility, nice ride and I was averaging 24 mpg with the automatic transmission. I would think the 4 cylinder will get considerably better mileage.

The Lexus GS is a sweet spot here. I hearken it to a luxury camaro. it absolutely can deliver and throw down, and yet is a quiet, calm place for commuting. we have are in the process of moving out of town, and more of my commute will be interstate. Last year I figured out how to squeeze 17 wheels and tires on to it, and it’s highway mileage went from 26-27 to 29-30 (In town it’s dismal, 20-21). The Lexus cockpit is not a bad place to spend seat time. I find the seating position similar to the mustang, and while I’ve thought the 2.3 mustang ecoboost would make an excellent commuter, it feels too confining for me to exhale at the end of the day. The little GS, however, may have the sweet spot. The v6 has more power than anyone needs, with 300hp on tap. It’s a relatively heavy sedan at 3800 lbs which settles things down a good bit.

Back