What’s in your Wish List?

Alright, so I’m the kind of person that if I need something, I buy it. Now there are some things that would be nice to have, but I don’t necessarily want to spend my money on them, so I’ll put them in an Amazon Wishlist. When they drop to a price I think is worthy, then I’ll buy them. For example; a Yeti tumbler, Makita flash light, and a trunk net were recently, or are currently, on my list. Things like that.

I’ve taken to like this approach for when relatives and my wife ask what they can get me for this holiday or that holiday. Instinctually I tell them nothing because I don’t want them spending money, but, knowing they’re going to anyway I’ve simply sent them my Amazon Wishlist link. This way at least I know for sure their money went to something I’ll use.

I’ve got a big birthday coming up and am already getting asked. I don’t want much, so the list is small. What would be in your wishlist?

Tools, tools, tools, car parts, tools, money, gift cards would be mine. Literally lol. Tools are the best thing to get in my opinion, my birthday is in April I think I am going to ask for a battery powered 1/2 drive impact gun. I used my friends Kobalt one the other day and that thing is a beast. Also would want a battery powered ratchet too. They make life so much easier. I have a small impact but you have to break the stuff loose first I want one that you don’t have too. Also would add many of the specialty tools I don’t have yet and a home garage lol. When my parents were house shopping a garage was on the list but this was a few weeks before I was due and my dad had gotten a job transfer so they needed a place quick so they didn’t get a garage I really wish they would have lol. I am putting up some cinder blocks making my own but still doesn’t have a door or heat lol. So that would be another thing on my wishlist. Also a bigger tool box too I have no room in any of my toolboxes left so I have stuff sitting around the basement and have to keep up with it which is a pain I have a total of 5 toolboxes all filled since the place I work at now provides tools because it’s mostly mobile out of a service truck so a new toolbox that is really big would be nice too.

Mine is a mish-mash of things that are entirely discretionary (LPs, mostly) and tools that I don't think make sense yet based on my projected cost per use. Some examples are a large 20v DeWalt battery, a Work Sharp blade sharpener, and a Mityvac. I usually end up regretting not pulling the trigger on LPs as they only seem to go up in price or become unavailable. You would think I would have learned that lesson by now, but no.

I also use it in the short-term for small/low cost items that I don't need in a hurry. When I placed an order yesterday, I cleared out steel wool and a 2-pack of protractors. For some reason, I feel bad about having a package shipped to me from who knows where for the sake of some steel wool alone.

Oh yeah and to add to mine shop equipment. I’ve got a grinder on a stand and I’ve got a press that isn’t set up yet and a vise. I would want a lift and welder and stuff for at home too. And all types of machines that I use for auto too. And also expensive stuff like big bottles of thread locker that stuff is outrageously priced for the amount you get so I would want that as a gift since it’s expensive.

I've got most the stuff I need; the stuff I want isn't cheap.

Wife and I try to keep our Amazon wishlist current. When it's time for gift giving we go and check that out. Of course we buy other things too, but we know the list is correct. We're at the age where we have all we want and the list is stuff that we're just too cheap to buy for ourselves--so we hope the other will for us. :)

Almost out of the habit of buying gifts for each other, extended family that is. We're rarely together so it's hard to do much more than a gift card.

Back