What's in the Box?

Originally Posted by Fattylocks
Vittoria rear tire, Schwalbe front.

Did you cut one already?

I took the oem tires off and I am going to sell them (maxxis forekaster). I like vittoria tires but I had that stupid Nobby Nic sitting around so I figured I would try it out. it will probably come off soon, I am super critical of front tires.

Originally Posted by IndyIan
Nice bike! How does the rear shock pivot work?

The suspension setup on this bike is a Horst link, sometimes called four bar. So many different kinds of bike suspension today. Shock technology has come so far that it can often tune the downsides out from the different suspension types.
I have only owned Horst and single pivot types. I have ridden VPP, Maestro and DW link. Bike suspension can get complicated and argumentative
smile.gif

https://www.bikeradar.com/features/the-ultimate-guide-to-mountain-bike-rear-suspension-systems/ (not complete but OK)

Last edited:
It looks like the bottom pivot on the shock is twisted 90 deg? I've always seen both ends of the shock have pivots in the same plane. If I ever see one on the trail I'll have to check it out.

As predicted I am not a big fan of the front tire after my first ride today. I'm going to try it again with lower pressure but it so far doesn't have the grip I need. Rear tire was great and I am a big Vittoria fan so far.

I did cut one. Sidewall clean cut about 3/4" long.
Got out the needle and thread and sewed it up.
Blessed my stitches with super glue.
Holding up fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Fattylocks
I run Vittoria with the g+ compound on the 29er. Mezcal in the back, Morsa 2.35 up front.

I have an Aggaro that I might try as a front. It looks like it might work. I wish I had another Resolution Pro, I loved that tire
frown.gif

On a more positive note, my wife surprised me with an awesome gift for my B-Day

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dave123
Lake shoes $$$ the wife has great taste some of the best.

Hope they last as long as my pearl izumis. I've had those shoes for 10 years.

She also started making me so artwork for my workout room. I have done a lot of races over the years and she had kept most of my number plates.
But out of all the races I have done oramm is the only one I have DNF'd on (twice). So I don't know if she did this for motivation or as a subtle dig
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

So I purchased a new set of wheels for my bike. I am going to use the original ones for events and wanted an everyday ride.

Since atomik is local to me I got a set of Atomik AM rims with onyx classic hubs and berd spokes. All I can say is wow. I am a huge onyx fan now, they are absolutely silent. No coasting noise at all, riding trails is so nice now just cruising in silence. Can't say much about the berd spokes yet, I plan on doing some big hits (for me) this week to see if I notice a difference.

Back