What's better M1 0W-40 or 0W-30 GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by buster:
GC 0w-30. Apples to oranges comparison though.

Oooo...please explain that one.
confused.gif

I don't think I want to touch that one with a ten (10) foot pole. My flame suit is getting a bit worn and might not protect.
lol.gif

[ June 27, 2004, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: haley10 ]

quote:

Oooo...please explain that one.

Comparing a 30wt to a 40wt oil is what I was thinking. I've said this before, for a 0w-40, Mobil 1 is very shear stable. It only drops 1-3cSt at the most and for a 40pt spread, thats good IMO. A Castrol 0w-40 probably would be similar. But I do think GC is a better oil on a direct comparison.

-

OK, I want to know how many of you had to even look at my response to see which it would be?
grin.gif
cheers.gif

PS Does each respondent get 1 vote for each qt of their choice he or she owns?

[ June 27, 2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

ok well seeing as how the winters her get down to -40c will they both be equal or is one better then the other?

quote:

Originally posted by Rick:
ok well seeing as how the winters her get down to -40c will they both be equal or is one better then the other?

Rick,

At -40C you will be fine with either...maybe a slight edge to M1 (depending on whether you think a pour point of -54F [M1] is better than an advertized unaided engine starts at -40F [SLX]). I'm giving you my choice for overall performance based on my perception and experience (I have used both, but SLX is my long-term choice between the two).

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

PS Does each respondent get 1 vote for each qt of their choice he or she owns? [/QB]

If that was the case then no matter what oil you put against GC, if you voted GC would win
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
I don't think I want to touch that one with a ten (10) foot pole. My flame suit is getting a bit worn and might not protect.
lol.gif

Agree!

Wonder how much Nomex it'd take to keep 'ya from gettin' toasted??
grin.gif

[ June 28, 2004, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Jelly ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back